Build advice Upgrading CPU & Graphics

Upgrading CPU & Graphics

Nothing mate. Just doesn't POST. About 5 secs then stops. Have to reset the PSU and try again. It eventually starts then no problems.

I have tried the memory just in case and made sure the button not sticking. Works fine with the onboard graphics and the new psu tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Upgrading CPU & Graphics

Nothing mate. Just doesn't POST. About 5 secs then stops. Works fine with the onboard graphics and the new psu tho

i take it from this that you mean it boots fine with the graphics card removed?
its just that it sounds very similar to what happened to me few years ago.
i was running a high end card with a PSU that only just met its recommended power supply ... i then added another hard drive and boom it wouldnt start...removed the hard drive...still the same..bought a higher powered PSU..still the same, in the end i took the graphics card out and it booted straight away...it seemed the graphics card didnt take being under powered to well and fooked up...ended up buying a new card :-(

Last edited:
I just started it there n took 8 attempts to start it. So is it the psu at fault or the graphics ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it boots up ok when you remove the graphics card then i would say thats the problem.

But thats on the assumption that you mean it works ok when its just running onboard graphics (graphics card has been removed from the pc) and that the PSU is capable of running all your hardware including the gfx card.

Last edited:
Back