Unlooper question

billyk

Inactive User
Reaction score
I got a powersync unlooper from TMC, great service btw, anyway i don't have a serial port on my pc and i'm having problems using sidewinder unlocker v2.1 with my usb to serial adapter although the sidewinder 1.4 get bk version works ok, is there anyway around this ?

i also tried opening the card (rom11 revBOD) in winex with the mikedata script but after 4 hours is still wouldn't open.

Any help would be greatly appreciatted.

Hi

I take it your usb to serial is working fine, which mikedata script were you using and what were you getting on screen.

Regards

Hi

I take it your usb to serial is working fine, which mikedata script were you using and what were you getting on screen.

Regards

It seemed to be working alright except on sidewinder v2.1.

i was using the mikedata A86 and BOD scriptand that seemed to be running alright too was getting a load of +++++ and ----- and a load of stuff like rst67 rst10 and so on.

I think my problem there is i don't know how to set the vcc , every time i run it it says vcc ;30.

Wee update.

I put the powersync into a serial port on an old computer and ive now got the ird and bk using sidewinder version 1.4 but i still can't get the card to open.

Last edited:
Hi

I think your vcc is too high, use the vvc analyzer ver 4 I think t0 set it to around 27 for the rom11 and make sure jumper is on bank B.

You could set it roughly by turning screw clockwise till you hear click and then go about 6-8 turns anticlockwise.

I take it unooper came flashed and I feel that sidewinder dont like usb to serial as I have probs with it.

Have you selected my looper in config, try what Ive said and card shouldnt take too long to pop as you dont need to be bang on rom 11 bod.

Post back if sorted or if you need the vcc analyzer.

Regards

Can't seem to find V4 of vcc analyzer anywhere mate.

Hi

There you ago attached, did you try what I suggested in previous post.

Regards

Using that script i now have vcc ceiling ..14 vcc floor 0E, does that look close mate ?

You need to go higher to between 23 -27 ish although it will probably pop with that vcc anyway but try to get above 20.

Regards

You need to go higher to between 23 -27 ish although it will probably pop with that vcc anyway but try to get above 20.

Regards

Thanks for all your time and help mate, you've been a great help at least i now know what i'm looking at.

Thanks again.

Hi

No probs just get it popped now lol if within range shouldnt take too long to pop. Post back how you getting on.

Regards

Now getting this when using dip switch 3

TX Data : 02 03 00
TX Data : 02 02 00
TX Data : 07 0E 03 10 01 03 9A 00
RX Data : 07 1B
RX Data : 3F FF 95 00 FF 91 81 71 A0 47 00 44 4E 41 53 50
30 31 31 20 52 65 76 42 30
TX Data : 12 15 AB 21 00 08 A0 CA 00 00 02 12 00 06 55 0E
03 8B 00
RX Data : 12 0C
RX Data : 12 00 08 92 04 CC CC CC CC 90 00 1C

VCC 20: ------------ 6F = 0% FF = 100%

VCC Ceiling: 23
VCC Floor..: 1D

Hi

I dont have a powersync so not sure about the dip switch I thought it was 1 that had to be on and rest off but if 3 is right then vcc is not too bad and you can give it a shot at popping card.

Regards

Hi

Just seen your other thread now. How come you doing this and not watching the footie lol.

Regards

Hi

Just seen your other thread now. How come you doing this and not watching the footie lol.

Regards

Watching it in the bedroom . i think i broke my unlooper when trying to watch football and do this at the same time, need to buy another one, is the tiny unlooper any better ?

H

If you thinking of buying another would probably go for the dual.

Regards

Hi

Are you sure you broke it, how long have you had it, maybe tmc can help if you email him.

Regards

Back