Phone Unlocking unlocking a n96

bwfc

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there i was just wondering if the n96 could be unlocked and if so how

thanks in advance

not without either taking it to a phone shop or obtaining the unlock code through your service provider at a charge.

if you on vodafone network ,your n96 is unlocked , they are not looking new phones

got 2 on three one for me one for son 1 is unlocked and 1 locked

hi there i was just wondering if the n96 could be unlocked and if so how

thanks in advance

the only way to unlock the newer generationn of nokia phones is to contact the operator and ask for the unlocking code.

Or buy the unlock code from a 3rd party, or take it to an unlock shop and use Dejans latest offering, or even DM3 teams system. Well, thats my post count up by one.

Going to a third party and going to the network will pretty much cost the same these days.

In fact, I wouldnt be surprised to hear the networks are starting to do it cheaper now.

Going to a third party and going to the network will pretty much cost the same these days.

In fact, I wouldnt be surprised to hear the networks are starting to do it cheaper now.

Thats probably because a lot of places no longer have access to the network codes anymore, lol and some will probably just get the unlock themselves from the network and charge you more :)

Try a decent phone shop that has access to the DM3 team, its usually once or twice a week so you will have to leave the phone with them.

Actually, its down to a change in the law. Ofcom has enforced it, now the networks have to offer an unlock code for a reasonable price, orange for instance do them for £35 I think. Vodafone do them for £20 etc.

Orange is £20 I think it always has been... Three is probably more... Vodafone, I think may be £15 not sure cant remember :) too old brain refusing to think...

Before the law was passed, it was up to the network to decide how much they wanted to charge for unlocking.

Many of them, and three were a big culprit for this, used to take the retil value of the phone and how much more contract time you had left when trying to get a phone unlocked.

Naturally, this upset a good many people who complained to Ofcom. Hence the new rules. I recal horry stories from Nokia users on Orange who were asked for unlocking fees of up to £200 to get their 6230i's unlocked from that network. As well as stories from three customers trying to get their N70's unlocked so they could punt them on Ebay.

Things are a lot more civilised now, and I would be surprised to see the corner shops and market stands offering this service stop doing it soon.

Back