Unlock 3G Dongle ZTE627 for free....

globe manager is on the dongle....uninstall telstra first then insert the dongle into usb port and it will automatically install globe for you

whats the best connection manager? globe or telestra?

whats the best connection manager? globe or telestra?

to be honest i haven't found much difference between them - still get similar download speeds!

also came across this... http://three.cachefly.net/Software/MBB/MF627/MF627 Windows Dashboard B09/3 Mobile Broadband.zip
installation of 3 mobile broadband connection manager for Australia which apparently works with UK settings (and other sims)

I haven't tried it myself as i've taken it from another source, but here is the instructions...

unplug modem
uninstall globe/telstra/or other connection software
reboot
install aussie 3 connection manager
plug modem in and let it detect the drivers (if any fail, point it at C:\Program Files\3 Mobile Broadband\drivers)
load dash and add your settings (or use the netconfig.ini file posted by obe1 in the other thread before loading dash?!)

I've tried everything listed on here. I'm using the unlocked 3 dongle with an O2 sim from an XDA. I can sucessfully connect but all I get is "limited connectivity" and obviously no internet with this dongle. I did try the mobileweb username and also the o2web username that my xda uses.

Can anyone help ?

Even though I can get internet and email with no problems on the phone ? Are the dongles more signal sensitive ?

I'm a little further on. I can now connect and can get web pages via internet explorer but only by typing the ip address directly. I am assuming I now have DNS problems ? I've tried the 192.113.200.200/192.113.200.201 and also 193.113.200.195 I got from somewhere else. No joy ?

my dongle stays connecting and works for 10mins but then it says its connected in telstra but no internet, this happened wen i was using the 3 sim also with the original 3 connection manager, could this be a faulty dongle?

for anyone wanting to use 3 in linux unpack the linux software useing Xarchiver to the downloads folder and then

TYPE sudo[spacebar]./install.sh

follow the onscreen prompts with the dongle in a usb port this will put 3UK in your network section of Xfce menu on the acer one aspire
I havent tried it with an unlocked one as yet although there is an option to add in the connection settings

edogg

edogg, sorry to be a pain in the ??? (AGAIN). I understand the install procedure above but where do I get the s/w?? Sorry for being a muppet if I missed the link / location.
Gonna try this over the weekend, will let you know if it works ok.
Cheers HH.

anyone tried this on vista yet ? Only have a vista machine ? :(

O2 seem to of found a way to stop dongles connecting to their service using the Iphone Sims. Guess its back to using 3 !

O2 seem to of found a way to stop dongles connecting to their service using the Iphone Sims. Guess its back to using 3 !

Thier network was down mine went off for around 24 hours but is now working again ;)

on vista os, install the 3connect but dont use it, this install's the driver for the dongle, then open the unlocking software and hey presto ur pc can now find it. worked for me!

is there a tutorial for this and can a T-mobile dongle be unlocked?
Thanx in advance

Many thanks for the link been looking for some something to unlock for ages..

hi guys just heard about all this and was interesting to me as tinternet is almost none existant where i live at the mo.. (bt only, and expensive, 18 month contract and dl limits :s) so this would be grand for surfing if im getting what this is.

right i guess i get the dongle for about a fiver..
get an o2 iphone sim and top up with a tenner..
flash the dongle, use the o2 sim and surf away?

obv sequence has been shortened lol.. but is this the general idea?

some qu's

what software will i need on the comp?
will a 3g network signal be an essential?
is any other sim plan etc be any good?
any tuts on the flashing process?

cheers for your help
mikejack

i got a nice unlocked dongle - registered an 02 iphone sim and stuck a tenner on it - I got connected and it done my £10 in 2 minutes flat - i rang 02 and they said i needed to buy a bolt on?? What did I do wrong !! lol

Back