Unlock 3G Dongle ZTE627 for free....

ok, good stuff !

So know we have to fathom out what the difference is between a 627 and a 626 :)

I can confirm the software Ish_e posted works...first I used the 3 sim with dc-unlocker and it came up unlocked..tried orange + vodaphone sims and they were locked....then used the free software from ish_e and every sim shows up as unlocked...and I can read the text messages

now I just need to find the config settings for each sim to actually use them on tinternet...:Biggrin2:

heres all the UK networks settings to get these working.

1st is operator then the VPN followed by username and password

3 three.co.uk guest guest

Jersey Telecom pepper abc abc

O2(contract) mobile.o2.co.uk web password

O2(contract)-faster- mobile.o2.co.uk faster password

O2(pre-pay) payandgo.o2.co.uk payandgo payandgo

Orange(Pay Monthly) orangeinternet user pass

Orange(Pay and Go) orangewap Multimedia Orange

T-Mobile general.t-mobile.uk user pass

Virgin Mobile goto.virginmobile.com user [space]

Vodafone(contract) internet web webs

Vodafone(pre-pay) pp.vodafone.co.uk wap wap

you maybe able to unlock it with dc-unlocker client, but i guess you will have to pay for it?!

Hello

I have got the dongle working but seem to have a problem with using the microsd slot. I have inserted the microsd slot into dongle and insert dongle into pc but it does not pick it up as removable disk. in my computer the dongle shows as glob visibility with software on it do you know why this is.

hi anybody used this on vista? in the guide it says not 2.

Hello

I have got the dongle working but seem to have a problem with using the microsd slot. I have inserted the microsd slot into dongle and insert dongle into pc but it does not pick it up as removable disk. in my computer the dongle shows as glob visibility with software on it do you know why this is.

i haven't got an sd card to try, but after dongle has launched glob vis appl, try right clicking on the icon in sys tray and select the device to be off line - see if that switches the dongle into using usb seriel device as removable disk?!

i haven't got an sd card to try, but after dongle has launched glob vis appl, try right clicking on the icon in sys tray and select the device to be off line - see if that switches the dongle into using usb seriel device as removable disk?!

i dont get an option select the device to be offline. i get the ssfely remove hardware which give you the option to stop

for anyone wanting to use 3 in linux unpack the linux software useing Xarchiver to the downloads folder and then

TYPE sudo[spacebar]./install.sh

follow the onscreen prompts with the dongle in a usb port this will put 3UK in your network section of Xfce menu on the acer one aspire
I havent tried it with an unlocked one as yet although there is an option to add in the connection settings

edogg

Last edited:
for anyone wanting to use 3 in linux unpack the linux software useing Xarchiver to the downloads folder and then

TYPE sudo[spacebar]./install.sh

follow the onscreen prompts with the dongle in a usb port this will put 3UK in your network section of Xfce menu on the acer one aspire
I havent tried it with an unlocked one as yet although there is an option to add in the connection settings

edogg
sorry meant to say open terminal in downloads and then type the sudo ./install.sh

edogg

where do i download Globe connection manager from as i cant find it nowhere on the site or google, or shall i just use telstra

cheers

globe manager is on the dongle....uninstall telstra first then insert the dongle into usb port and it will automatically install globe for you

unlocked mine last night (24 mins, oldish PC).
installed the telstra software, then replaced it with the global one off the dongle.
struggled to connect until I realised there is an 'apply' button when selecting the 3g network.
tried with an o2 payg bb sim and the original 3 sim.

thanks to op

DC unlocker now if free to unlock these. recieved email

From today (2009-06-08) 17:00 GMT ZTE MF627,MF636 / MF636BP, Vodafone E3735, K2540, Huawei E219, E510, E176, E180 unlock is free and unlimited for dongle users

DC unlocker now if free to unlock these. recieved email

From today (2009-06-08) 17:00 GMT ZTE MF627,MF636 / MF636BP, Vodafone E3735, K2540, Huawei E219, E510, E176, E180 unlock is free and unlimited for dongle users

Thats not for us noobs, thats if you have a dongle... not a dongle as in the modem but an unlocking dongle, if that makes sense.

From their faq...
What is the difference between user and dongle user?

The user accounts are for own data card unlocking, not for commercial purposes. The dongle users can unlock most data cards unlimited and for better price. It is recommended to be a dongle user for those, who is planning to unlock more than 10 data cards.

Back