iPhone Unjailbreak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got an iPhone 3 gs jailbroken it won't let me put bt chip (works phone chip ) into it it won't recognise it if I unjailbreak it through iTunes will it be unlocked until I put a chip in then lock on that network or what cheers

Try running ultrasn0w from the repo666.ultrasn0w.com repo first to open up to all networks.

ultrasn0w unlocks depend on your baseband. whats your current baseband?

Don't know what base band is but will have a read over the week end before I do unjailbreak cause not to clever reading on phone all time

your base band can be found on your device, go to settings/about/modem firmware. was the phone unlocked then before the jail break? just the way u said mate , if no then just post your modem firmware in the thread will help us out

You will need to run Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 to downgrade your modem first then.
What firmware is the phone on?

will this work and if so will it lock to old network 02 or would it lock when i put new chip in

How to Unjailbreak an iPhone

It is a simple process to undo a jailbreak on an iPhone (or iPod touch and iPad). Here are the exact steps to unjailbreak and then restore your iPhones data:

Connect the jailbroken iPhone to your computer and open iTunes
In the left iTunes column, select your iPhone
Under the Summary tab, you’ll see a ‘Restore’ button – click this to start the unjailbreak process

reverse jailbreak
A message will pop up asking if you’d like to backup your iPhone, click yes and let the backup and restore process go
Your iPhone will automatically restart itself when it is finished restoring, you will then be asked if you want to restore from backup – click Yes if you want to restore all your non-jailbreak related apps and iPhone customization to the iPhone
When the backup and restore is complete, your jailbreak has been reversed and your iPhone is no longer jailbroken!

If its a 3GS it wouldn't be wise to update unless you have shsh blobs saved for a later firmware

You will end up with ios6 and only a tethered jailbreak

If its jailbroke and you want to unlock it either keep the iPad 06.15.00 baseband and install ultrasnow from cydia
Or as suggested above, downgrade the iPad baseband with Redsnow to fix GPS problems
Then install ultrasnow

If you want to software unlock it yourself you will need to keep it jailbroke

Just install ultrasnow as it is now, easy to do, be unlocked in seconds

its unlocked well can put 02 and voda and orange in bu not bt chip can i just not put it back to normal without doing all this stuff

its unlocked well can put 02 and voda and orange in bu not bt chip can i just not put it back to normal without doing all this stuff

If you put it back to normal, IE restore with iTunes you will lose your unlock.
I've never had a bt sim so I can't say why it's not accepting it if it's unlocked .
Does the sim work in other phones ? Apart from your work phone

Last edited:
yes its my works chip i put that chip in and it comes with network as vodafone but its a bt chip and it dont get the numbers on it but i can ring the number and that works

so if i want to restore to factoryseting will it go back to 02 if so ill do that not to bothered about the unlock thingie

yes its my works chip i put that chip in and it comes with network as vodafone but its a bt chip and it dont get the numbers on it but i can ring the number and that works

so if i want to restore to factoryseting will it go back to 02 if so ill do that not to bothered about the unlock thingie

If its the 3GS iTunes will restore it to iOS6 and it will be locked back to O2
Here's the problem, you have the iPad baseband so restoring / updating with iTunes will corrupt it.
So you will either have to use a custom firmware to preserve the baseband or reflash the iPad baseband once it's updated

Dont do a restore as you are an ipad baseband and you will end up with itunes 1015 error, plus when doing restore you will install latest firmware and loose your jailbreak.
Its strange that BT sim not working, but never tried a BT sim myself?
6.15.00 does have some problems as its a ipad baseband so it could be this.
I would first try removing ultrasn0w and then reinstall it.
If this dont work i would try downgrading the baseband with Redsn0w 0.9.14b2, it isnt hard to do, look at How To Downgrade 6.15.00 Baseband iPhone 3Gs/3G to 5.13.04 & Unlock on Tmobile 5.1.1 - YouTube first and note that the video is not for your firmware, you will need the iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw firmware, get it from iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From and dont forget to change the .zip to .ipsw
Then try the removing/reinstall of ultrasn0w.

Back