Unable to Mount Network Volume (help)

bodser

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am unable to mount a network volume in order to play mp3s on my Dbox2.
I have Movieplayer working fine, so all me network settings should be ok.

I've searched this forum for similar problems but cant find an answer that I havn't already tried.

Image - Sportster_Pro_1.08_rc007_2x_Image
OS - Windows XP
I have my folder shared - D:/Movies
I'm using my normal windows login account which is an administrator account with my password.
I've been through the tutorials to setup the mount but no joy

There was a post where someone explained the solution they tried....But I have no idea how to do all this.

The image where the autoroll was working didnt have the proper kernel filesystem support. Therefore no CIFS, NFS, SMBFS etc could be mounted.

The image where the autoroll WASNT working DID have the kernel support, but encrypted channels did not work. I copied the CIFS support files out of the mountable image into the one where the autoroll was working, but the kernel versions did not match, and therefore that was a no go.

So I extracted all the files out of the working image and tried putting them into the image that had CIFS support. The Gbox was not working because there were major structural differences between the 2 images. I rewrote some of the configuration files, edited the startup files, and put all the emu files into different locations. CHMOD 755 literally EVERYTHING (including key files as these did not seem to work without).

And after that voila, Gbox kicked in and descrambled channels :) Well, thats the main bit anyway lol. It was alot more complicated than it sounds!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, can someone help me get this sorted.
Thanks

With some images I have been unable to mount with the standard administrator priviliges. Instead I created a new user called Dbox on my PC and used that as the mount login.

Yep, I've already tried that, but still no joy........ any other suggestions?

Make the shared folder on the c:/ and not the d:/.

Check that the mount is actually mounted. Within the network menu select 'unmount network volume'. If you get a page with your mount and are given the option to unmount it, it's mounted ok. If the screen flickers and seems to do nothing, it's not mounted and the settings are wrong.

I've been helping someone else with this, have a look here, might be something you've missed.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=109100

I've just tried setting a share on C:/ but still no joy I'm afraid.

I will say that about a week ago I had this image on my dbox and it did once mount ok.
I encountered a problem where the movieplayer stopped working so I re-imaged the box with Commando 6. That wasnt a good image for me (couldnt get any of the players working). So today I put sportster back on. So I know that the image should be ok to mount with.

There must be a setting somewhere either on my pc or within the dbox menus that needs changing.

Keep the suggestions coming :)

Using yWeb I've just looked at my Kernal Stack messages, and one bit says this......

<4>CIFS: Unknown mount option udp
<4>CIFS: Unknown mount option nolock

udp and nolock are in the mount options, should I change these to something else? I doubt it.

Oh by the way, do I need to put a Mac Address in the mount settings?

Devilfish: I've gone through the other post where you're helping out someone else, I've tried everything in there so far and when I go to unmount I just get the screen flicker.

Last edited:
Are you mounting a NTFS or a FAT32 volume. AIUI, neutrino only supports FAT32 on a windows machine.

These are the settings from my mount...

Type: CIFS
Server IP: ip address of PC
Directory/Share: Recordings
Local Directory: /mnt
Mount On Startup: Yes
Mount Options: rw,soft,udp
Mount Options: nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
Username: <username of pc>
Password: <password of pc> leave blank if no password is used
MAC address: 11:22:33:44:55:66 <default>

Are you mounting a NTFS or a FAT32 volume. AIUI, neutrino only supports FAT32 on a windows machine.

Its NTFS on my machine. If thats true, then that could well be the problem.
I have a blank formatted 40GB drive also attached, I'll change that to FAT32 and see what happens.

I've tried a FAT32 drive but still no joy.......

Devilfish: In the Directory/Share option you put 'Recordings'

Don't you need a full path? I have put D:/Mp3
should that be different?

nope you dont put the full path.
just the name of the folder that is shared.
mine mounted (shared) folder is dbox2

so

directory/share............................dbox2

damn your fast DF lol. do you sleep with 1 eye open on this forum:eater:

Ok, I'm offering a free4all, you can all come round my house and slap the stupid right off my face....
If you can report my post to an admin for being a complete prat, feel free.

Yes, putting just the name of the folder did the trick :)

thanks for all the help everyone it really is appreciated....... I'm off now, probably never to return to these forums unless I sign up under a different name lol

:roflmao:

Every day's a school day m8! If it was simple, it wouldn't be any fun! :)

Glad you got it going!

Back