Two Dreambox Remotes!!!

spectra

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello, I have just bought a db500s and already have a db500c and have a problem! Both remotes work for both box's so when ever i tell 500s to do something the 500c does something if you know what i mean, does anyone know if i can stop this from happening?

FYI - I have two small silver remotes.

Thanks!

I had the same situation...I have a DM500C and I got a DM7000S and both remotes worked each box. I eventually bought a Technomate TM-9100s and done away with the Dm7000.

You could press the standy button on the from of the box that you don't want to use.

Just cover the IR on the box you dont want to do something. I know its a pain but its Prob the only option you got :(

Hello, I have just bought a db500s and already have a db500c and have a problem! Both remotes work for both box's so when ever i tell 500s to do something the 500c does something if you know what i mean, does anyone know if i can stop this from happening?

FYI - I have two small silver remotes.

Thanks!

theres a easier way round this m8 download the dbswitch plugin for ya dreamboxes this allows u to turn off one remote sensor and vice versa and makes things alot nicer when u have two or more dremboxes in the same room :)

cheers

osborne82

theres a easier way round this m8 download the dbswitch plugin for ya dreamboxes this allows u to turn off one remote sensor and vice versa and makes things alot nicer when u have two or more dremboxes in the same room :)

cheers

osborne82

sounds a good idea m8 but how do you turn it back on with the remote once its been disabled, and you need the remote for everything on dreambox.

sounds a good idea m8 but how do you turn it back on with the remote once its been disabled, and you need the remote for everything on dreambox.

read the readme that comes with the plugin explains it better than i can lol from what i gather u have to press a certain button to reactivate ya dreambox
but it was made specialy for this reason so must work to a degree eheheh

cheers

osborne82

here u go m8 dbswitch attached
- copy the 2 files (db_switch_1.*) to "/var/tuxbox/plugins" (in the Box1)

- copy the 2 files (db_switch_2.*) to "/var/tuxbox/plugins" (in the Box2)

- copy the file (dbswitch) to "/var/tuxbox/plugins"
chmod 755 the files then go to ya plugin menu and select dbswitch and follow the onscreen options easy a pie :) u can then control two dreamboxes with one remote to switch between boxes u have to enter a pass which u setup onscreen :)

hope this helps

cheers

osborne82

Thanks for all your help on this people, i will try db swich today ossy82.

Thanks

read the readme that comes with the plugin explains it better than i can lol from what i gather u have to press a certain button to reactivate ya dreambox
but it was made specialy for this reason so must work to a degree eheheh

cheers

osborne82

This has solved my problem thanks for you help osbourne 82.

brilliant, was looking for something like this for ages.

Have a 500c and 500s. I also noticed if you put one in standby manually, hitting the power button on the remote will swap between the two boxes. Not as good as the method above though.

Back