Twenty20 world cup cricket

heres the records............

International
Main article: Twenty20 International records
Highest Team Score: Sri Lanka 260/6 vs Kenya (14th September 2007)
Highest Winning Margin (Runs): Sri Lanka (260/6) – 172 vs Kenya (88 all out) (14th September 2007)
Highest Winning Margin (Wickets): South Africa – 10 vs Pakistan (2 February 2007)
Best Bowling Figures: Mark Gillespie (New Zealand) – 4-7 vs Kenya (12th September 2007)[1]
Highest Individual Score: Chris Gayle (West Indies) - 117 vs South Africa (11 September 2007)
Highest Partnership: Chris Gayle & Devon Smith (1st Wicket, West Indies) – 145 vs South Africa (11 September 2007)
Highest Number of Sixes hit: Australia – 14 vs England (9th January 2007)[2]
Highest Number of Sixes from an individual: Chris Gayle (West Indies) - 10 sixes vs South Africa (11 September 2007)
Fastest Century by an Individual: Chris Gayle - 101(50) vs South Africa (11 September 2007)
Fastest Half-century by an individual: Yuvraj Singh (India) - 50(12) vs England (19th September 2007)
Highest number of runs scored off an over: Yuvraj Singh (India) - 36 vs England (19th September 2007)
Lowest number of runs scored off an over: New Zealand vs Kenya, Shane Bond 2 wickets, maiden over (12 September 2007)[3]
First International Twenty20 Hat Trick: Brett Lee (Australia) vs Bangladesh (16 September 2007)
Six sixes in one over: Yuvraj Singh batting against Stuart Broad at Kingsmead, Durban, South Africa for India against England (19 September 2007).

Nice to see that England at least tried to get to that target. Makes in interesting for the SA V India match.

for the final game it works out that india only need a win to qualify and new zealand will be eliminated, however if india win by a margin and reduce s africas run rate then s africa could be eliminated making this a game to watch.
As for the england game, i was really shocked to see mascharenus come in a t number 8... After all he only hit 5 sixs recently so he would have been a certain to come up the order. I think england need to re think there strategy, starting from the management!!!
Forget the private school Bulls**t and start getting real!

i am with you what prat decided to leave dimitri down the order. England were already losing and the only people who could change the situation were Flintoff, Petersen and Mascrenas. No wonder England keep losing!

What was the argie bargey between Flintoff and Yuvraj about?

Not looking very good for South Africa at the moment. They can't win but they can go to semi finals if they make 126.

SEMI-FINALS/FINAL

22 1st semi-final: New Zealand v Pakistan, Cape Town (1300)

22 2nd semi-final: India v Australia Durban (1700)

24 Final, Johannesburg (1300)

CRUNCH TIME!

been excellent 20/20, so the Africans thought they were sorted and bang,crash wallop back to earth.Thought the Indians gamemanship and niggling of African batsman after they were out was a bit naughty,better watch they don't bite themselves.

A very interesting game between Pakistan and New Zealand. I think Pakistan will win this one.

WORLD TWENTY20 semi-final, Cape Town: New Zealand 143-8 (20 overs) v Pakistan 147-4 (18.5 overs)

Imran Nazir hit five sixes during his innings

Imran Nazir helped Pakistan book their place in the World Twenty20 final after a six-wicket victory over New Zealand.

The opener smashed 59 from 41 balls, ably assisted by partner Mohammad Hafeez (32), to successfully chase down a modest target of 144.

A middle order collapse cost New Zealand vital runs after a promising start, Ross Taylor top scoring with 37.

Umar Gul (3-15) was the pick of the bowlers, with good support from Fawad Alam (2-24) and Shahid Afridi (1-24).

At 1st I wanted India to win but I just changed after Sreesanth started giving out the evil stare and rejoicing in their faces if he bowled them, don't like that, its one thing to celebrate but another to gloat in your oppenents face.

India and Pakistan would make one hell of a final though.

Pakistan and India will play the final match on Monday. What a match thats going to be, can't wait....

I think India have been the best team overall throughout the tournament, I hope we get a match like the last one between them.

I think India have been the best team overall throughout the tournament, I hope we get a match like the last one between them.

I have to disagree. I think both India and Pakistan have played good throughout the tournament although Pakistan won more matches than India.

Its Twenty20 and IMHO India have been the best entertainment simply because they had a harder 2nd group stage. But Pakistan have also played excellent and deserve their place in the final.

I am a neutral and just want to see a great final, I don't care who wins.

Best way to settle this, its Monday... Me at work so gonna record it and watch it when i get back, cut off all comms so its like live when i get home. My posts will be late!

Back