Twenty20 world cup cricket

Firstly, I really enjoy watching India and Pakistan. Tonight's game was a classic.

However, secondly, is it me or was the bowl-out rubbish? I've never seen one before, but how can international bowlers miss the stumps? I don't play much cricket, but I'm disappointed if I miss the stumps by as much as the Pakistani bowlers did. Why couldn't they have another proper over each and see who scores the most runs?

I think Graham Gooch pointed out that none of the bowlers were taking their normal run up so their rythm was all wrong. The Indian bowlers all hit their mark but as they were all spinners they didn't need the runups. Great match wish I had recorded it.

India V Pakistan was a great match and Im glad the ICC have intoduced somthing like the bowl out to get a winner.

I agree with AT&T, one batsman should be selected and should face 6 balls, team that gets the most runs from 6 balls should be the winner.

I got to say that the Twenty20 is good for cricket all round as the Mrs was well into it aswell!!!

The 2 games today should be interesting too, gonna miss the first coz of footy, but will watch the Bangladesh game against S Africa.

16 New Zealand v India, Johannesburg (0900)

16 Australia v Bangladesh, Cape Town (1300)

16 South Africa v England, Cape Town (1700)

17 Pakistan v Sri Lanka, Johannesburg (1700)

18 New Zealand v England, Durban (0900)

18 Australia v Pakistan, Johannesburg (1200)

18 Bangladesh v Sri Lanka, Johannesburg (1700)

19 South Africa v New Zealand, Durban (1200)

19 England v India, Durban (1700)

20 Australia v Sri Lanka, Cape Town (0800)

20 Bangladesh v Pakistan, Cape Town (1200)

20 South Africa v India, Durban (1700)

SEMI-FINALS/FINAL

22 1st semi-final, Cape Town (1200)

22 Semi-final, Durban (1700)

24 Final, Johannesburg (1200)

Last edited:
Can I point out you need to change your signature mate (before a non-LFC fan enjoys pointing it out!)?

typical india cant build upon an amazing start, i dnt c why they tried to rebuild when they lost a batsman it just gives confidence to the bowler and lot of times u just get out without puttin hardly any runs on the board. They dnt kno how to play 20-20 properly yet.

Vettori and the run out of Dhoni killed it for india

I think the last 5 overs India bowled lost it for them, 78 runs from 5 overs made it hard to chase but they started really well. Vettori was the difference.

i still think the batting order is wrong, they need to open with Sehwag and Dhoni, followed by Yuvraj. They also need to drop either R P singh or Sreesanth and bring in another all rounder like Yusuf Pathan. And i agree, they still got a lot to learn in 20Twenty. Got to win the next game against England who look like there gonna lose this game, hence making them desperate for a win and the situation harder.

England should have had SA out for 130 at the most but they were poor at the end of innings. As for their batting, well it leaves a lot to be desired, they should be the experts in twenty20.

Peterson run out was very contraversial. The rules are that the bowler does not have to move out of the way of the batsman running and the batsman must run round him, but the bowler is not allowed to move to impede the batsman running. I dont think Pollock deliberately ran it front of him but non the less he did impede him. A major talking point but it doesnt take away from the fact that they were poor again today.

I can't believe that game, England fell to pieces, it was going so easy for them and then they lost the plot. A total shambles, thats another match they through away, I find it hard to believe they did that, they should have wrapped that up with overs to spare. I guess we have come to accept that from England nowdays.

They can't resist going for the big heave-ho. With 5 overs to go they didn't need any sixes. Why couldn't they try to play more classic shots for four. The biggest danger was losing wickets so England, being England, had to oblige by trying to hit singles and sixes with nothing in between.

another one bites the dust, australia only posting 164 against pakistan could be short, with a final game against sri lanka coming up there gonna have to bowl well!

Pakistan done really well to peg da aussies back!! look really good now and think if we can keep our nerve we can win this match!!

Come on pakistan!

It not looking good for them at the moment. The score is not that big so they should ideally make it if they don't continue to loose wickets.

As I said earlier, the shorter the game the more chance of shocks. Having said that, Pakistan are quite capable of beating the Aussies then losing to someone like Ireland in the very next game. They're never boring!

To qualify, England need to win today by a decent margin, then hope South Africa lose both their games. It could happen, but it's very unlikely.

Typical....I am at work and the fun began.

India blitzed England there. six sixes in one over....poor Chris Broad, an older head like Flintoff wouldnt have let that happen but he will learn.

Back