Tv screen is black and white for backup NTSC game

Dracon

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

My brother recently gave my son a ps2 slimline (70003). I've got it modified to run on swapmagic. However i recently borrowed an NTSC backup from a friend, the program runs fine but its in black and white on the TV screen.

I asume this is because of the American format but i am not sure what to do. Can someone please advise ...

I appreciate there might me a post on this but i could not find it ..

I believe you have to connect to your tv via scart to play foreign games in colour - dont quote me though.

if setting on tv dont work there is an option in swap magic to chage to NTSC but it reduces the size of the screen :(
I bought a converter from ebay ,works a treat ave a search for PS2 NTSC to PAL Converter and some will come up ;) about £12 inc p&p

Thanks everyone

Just changed the settings on the TV and all is fine ...

hi lads i got one for you. im trying to play a dvd on my slim ps2 which i bought in the uk but the tv is from america ( i bought it from ebuyer but later found out that its from america) sometimes the dvd are in black and white so i use the RGB lead but then it comes out in green ! with english films from the uk this is ok i get it in colour but asian films are in green ! can any one help ( the asian films are ntsc format ) even if i copy them using dvd shrink they are still green

Back