TV Licence Evasion Excuses

**override**

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had a e-mail from a blog i use,made me laugh....

Officials have exposed some of the excuses people give for not having a television licence. More than 400,000 people in the UK were caught last year watching TV without valid paperwork, which is more than 1,000 a day.

The annual levy – £145 for a colour licence and £49 for a black and white – is used to help fund the BBC’s domestic television, radio and internet services. TV Licensing has launched a drive to encourage more people to pay up and has teamed with a Bafta-winning animator to bring some of the excuses to life in a short-film, published on YouTube.

“Joking and wacky excuses apart, it’s breaking the law to watch live television without a licence, so anybody doing this risks prosecution and a fine of up to £1,000,” said spokesman Stephen Farmer. “Some of the excuses are simply hilarious whilst others show a great deal of imagination and creativity, but being caught without a valid TV licence is a criminal offence and no laughing matter.”

The revenue-raising authority provides reduced rates for certain people. Anyone certified as either blind or severely sight-impaired are entitled to a 50% reduction in the fee. Care home residents may qualify for a discounted fee of £7.50, but are warned that residents, staff and residents’ families all need a separate licence for their own living area. Senior citizens are entitled to a free licence when they reach the age of 75.

Here are some of the excuses offered for not having a licence:

“Why would I need a TV licence for a TV I stole? Nobody knows I’ve got it.” Kilmarnock, Scotland.
“I have lost weight recently and had to buy new clothes. That’s why I could not afford to buy a TV licence.” Manchester.
“I had not paid as I received a lethal injection.” Location unknown.
“Apparently my dog, which is a corgi, was related to the Queen’s dog so I didn’t think I needed a TV licence.” Belfast, Northern Ireland.
“I don’t want to pay for a licence for a full year. Knowing my luck I’ll be dead in six months and won’t get value for money.” Cardiff, Wales.
“I could not pay for my TV licence because the Olympic torch was coming down my road and I could not get to the shop as the road was too busy.” London.
“I only use my TV as a lamp. If you switch it on it gives a good glow which allows me to read my book.” Dundee, Scotland.
“Only my three-year-old son watches the TV. Can you take it out of the family allowance I receive for him? He watches it so he should pay.” Manchester.
“I got caught shoplifting so I’m barred from the shop that takes PayPoint payments.” Leeds.

Just for abit of fun,what would your excuse be.......

Ariel-on-the-roof.jpg

images.jpg

Last edited:
funniest thing is on the BBC website with people posting comments saying they don't watch TV so they don't buy a license. Stupid dumbf**ks who don't realise the irony, you are using a website that is paid for the license, lol

I don't even know what a tv license looks like

and I am not joking

Back