TV License reminder email from Ebuyer!!

english

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for ordering your TV or TVequipment from Ebuyer. Under the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1967), as a supplier,we are required to notify the TV licensing authority of your purchase within 28days of the transaction.
The information supplied includes your nameand shipping address. The TV Licensing Authority will presume the shippingaddress registered with Ebuyer will be the address where the product will beinstalled and used. If this is not the case, please contact the TV LicensingAuthority as soon as possible by either calling them on 0844 800 5819, emailthen at [email protected] sending a letter to TV Licensing, Customer Service Centre, Dealer Support,PO Box 88, Darwen, BB3 1YX.

Dirty bastards!! What if it wasn't for me?! and why was this not mentioned when I paid for it??

Think all the big retailers like currys, comet an that already do this and have done for a while. little fookers

the thing is, how many tvs would they sell if they were up front about this? i'd tell them to bog off and go somewhere else. but like carlos said, they've been doing this for a while. soon you'll need an rfid chip embedded in your right hand to buy one lol

but hey that's our Law for you. live with it or emigrate to somewhere theres a war or outright communism.

;p

a bisd in argos asked me for my address when i was buying a freeview box once and i was like why?

we need to give it to the telly licence people

well you can shove your freeview box up you arse :FINGER:

Yup. I bought a telly from Comet over 10 years ago and a few months later the TV licensing where after me saying I had a TV but they could not find a valid license for me (they obviously hadnt bothered checking the address (only my name) as we had one in my partners name).

Got another reminder about a month later saying that I would be fined if I didnt buy a license but I just ignored it and they never contacted me again (perhaps they finally did a proper seach on the address !).

Yup. I bought a telly from Comet over 10 years ago and a few months later the TV licensing where after me saying I had a TV but they could not find a valid license for me (they obviously hadnt bothered checking the address (only my name) as we had one in my partners name).

Got another reminder about a month later saying that I would be fined if I didnt buy a license but I just ignored it and they never contacted me again (perhaps they finally did a proper seach on the address !).

i had exactly the same thing - bought a new plasma from Currys, a few days later a letter in the post "blah blah you bought a telly on this date, we do not have you listed at this address holding a TV licence" they had the model, how much i paid - everything. i was fuming. the tv licence is in my wifes name if they'd bothered to chuffing check. so i ignored it. got another, ignored that too. next thing i know a few weeks later a bloke knocks at the door - the wife answered and said to check their records - made him look a right plum. not heard from them since.

it's not illegal to own a TELLY , it's the receiving of the channels - i know someone who's never paid yet claiming he doesn't receive the channels - or something.

, it's the receiving of the channels -
sorry m8 but the law is if it can receive ( has a tuner ) or record tv then you must have a tv licence
by the way how many people even watch bbc on a regular basis
coz fooking dont and i still have to pay the bcc for the privilege of watching other channels

sorry m8 but the law is if it can receive ( has a tuner ) or record tv then you must have a tv licence
by the way how many people even watch bbc on a regular basis
coz fooking dont and i still have to pay the bbc for the privilege of watching other channels
u dont pay the bbc for the privilidge to watch other channels u pay to receive tv/radio signals

Think all the big retailers like currys, comet an that already do this and have done for a while. little fookers

Its been like that for a few years now. My missus bought a TV from Currys and was sent a reminder by the TV licence peeps. Our TV licence is in my name so we just had to fill out my details and send it back to them.

No harm done :)

didn't they bring in a law to cover pc's needing one aswell because they can receive tv channels on them....or did i dream that bit:err:

Even Costco do it. Well they're supposed to at least; 2 of 3 the TVs I've had from them I didn't fill a form out nor heard anything from TVLC.

For what its worth the BBC has to pay for the maintenance of the terrestrial broadcast systems that all the terrestrial broadcasters use...

didn't they bring in a law to cover pc's needing one aswell because they can receive tv channels on them....or did i dream that bit:err:

They were thinking about it, and the DVB card/dongle retailers may well pass the details on but as far as I'm aware nothing yet.

If allroad's post about broadband tax comes to fruition then I'm sure the TV Licensing Company (a BBC subsidiary) will be asking for a slice.

i have a letter from the licensing people apologising for 'harassing' me, and stating that i dont need a license untill 2012, and then if my circumstances are still the same (which you can guarantee they will be) then i wont need one for another 4 years :proud:

TV license, my fookin arse lol

no you are correct m8. But only if it has a tv card in it. I bought a tv card from pc world a while back and they told me they would inform tv licencesing about that.
Total stitch up they have got us all ways lol.

Even Costco do it. Well they're supposed to at least; 2 of 3 the TVs I've had from them I didn't fill a form out nor heard anything from TVLC.

<snip>.

Costco's have no reason to, when I bought my lcd from macro's I asked why they didn't ask my address and she said we know that lready as you are a member, So it would be the same for costco's your membership has your address already.

I think you will find that this has been law for a few years even as others have said any electrical item that is capable of receiving tv they can make you buy a tv license for it i dont think this has changed.

currys, dixons, pcworld and whoever else DONT have to supply your details to the licensing poeple, they choose to

virmin does, when you buy a freeview receiver, 95% of the outlets do, same with freesat or any other tv equipment

sky do not, they choose not to, its not law that they have to

the incentive for currys, argos etc to supply the details is that if they give over details of people buying equipment, they then dont need a license for the tellys on the shop floor, no matter what they show

im meant to (rephrase that, ive been asked to) supply details of people that i supply equipment to, then i wont need a license for my 'premises' to which the guy was pretty shocked by my 3 word answer lol, im no tax collector, they can swing on my bean bag

i got stung for it aswell when i bought my new tv... got it shipped to my mothers house and cause our last names were different they tried to say we needed 2 in the household. took a wee bit to get it worked out.

i have a reminder too, i bought a settop box in november and last week came a letter, but because my gf payed the licence i have to prove i have one. know why cant they check where the person is living, obv i am living with her so its obv if the licence is for that address where she lives i have one, then obv the letter they sent to that same address they no we have one. just check the peoples names at the address and stop being lazy ffs. no we have to wait to 3 days to get our licence from the licencing people as we bought it online and i deleted the document last month, then i have to send the licence number back to them ffs.

stupid if you ask me.

Back