TV Help needed please

graemewh

Inactive User
Reaction score
We have a SONY Bravia LCD 40" TV and have connected the DVD player and SKY Plus etc but when watching SKY (especially Sky Sports when the commentry is on the football etc) there is a crackling sound and it gets worse the higher the volume, it is very annoying but not sure what I can do to stop this.

i have a bravia and have had a bit of bother similar to this but mainly my picture through hdmi it turned out to be the hdmi lead may be worth a try.

I just have a scart going from my SKY plus box to my TV, I have a HDMI cable that I have going from my PS3 to the TV as well ?

my bad i should have read properly sky plus doesnt have hdmi sorry its a bit early lol.

if its only sky that does it have you swapped the scart or tried another device in the skys scart socket just to eliminate the scart lead or even the sky plus box its self??

sorry im not up on my TV stuff. Could it be the scart cable? Is that the only connection I can use from my SKY plus to the TV?

you could tune it through rf but you would loose stereo sound and the picture quality would suffer.

see im not sure what you mean :( doh!
I thought it shoudl be quality sound etc
When I play my PS3 its greeat sound

im saying you could have a faulty scart lead or socket or sky plus box. and if you try a different scart lead or socket you may be able to find out what the problem is.

Definitely try swapping the scart i had a similar problem recently not with sound but with lines swapped the scart over and everything now fine got to be worth a try.

Id put my money on it if you change the scart lead it will be fine i cant see it being the sky box are tv if you change the scart and it still crackles try the second av socket on your tv
theres 2 are 3

AV1 AV2 AV3 etc

Thanks, what is a good scart lead to get and where from? Don’t want an expensive one just a new decent one, thankyou in advance

Thanks, is that Ebay one okay to get ? that’s cheap I would have thought that would run the risk of giving poor sound? Sorry not having a go just checking as I would order the Ebay one if its okay, and you know your stuff so double checking

its a bog standard scart i have used similar ones all my life it should be fine. but as i say go to the market you will probably get a better one for your money

Thanks if possible do you have any links to better ones just so I can see names/makes etc

Back