TUTORIAL - CONFIGURABLE USB LOADER - EASY SETUP (fat32)

try putting a game dvd in the wii then start the config usb loader press the plus sign on the wiimote this will take about 12/15mins to put the game on the harddrive this will prove if the hd is readable with the loader

i have done 4 wiis with config usb loader and fat32 harddrive and had no problems but not with such a big drive 320GB is plenty

edogg

I've actually already tried USB loader GX, because it's the only other one that supports FAT. It gives me the classic "waiting for slow USB device" and then can't find it. I don't have a flash drive on me at the moment, but can probably get one. Will that rule out anything that trying GX wouldn't?

I'm really confused as to where the problem could be - I'm doing things exactly as the guide says, have installed and reinstalled the correct IOS's (just to make sure), and even specifically bought the recommended hard drive. What makes it all the more infuriating is that I actually had it working about a month ago on basically my first try, but it only worked for the afternoon, and then slowly lost functionality until it is as it is now.

tried this and wen i hit the usb in menu gives me black screen im using a hd in a usb hd shell ive formated it to fat32 followed everythin

Just tried this for the first time and it works a treat - my eldest girl is chuffed with it!!! Thanks

I have just softmodded my wii to 4.1, first is there any advantage to updating it to 4.2 or 4.3 or shall i just stick to 4.1 for now?

2nd question i am looking at what USB loader to install and have narrowed it down to Configuarable USB Loader or WiiFlow, which is best and does WiiFlow allow you to rip discs straight to the wii like CUL does?

Thanks

I have just softmodded my wii to 4.1, first is there any advantage to updating it to 4.2 or 4.3 or shall i just stick to 4.1 for now?

2nd question i am looking at what USB loader to install and have narrowed it down to Configuarable USB Loader or WiiFlow, which is best and does WiiFlow allow you to rip discs straight to the wii like CUL does?

Thanks
stick to 4.1 mate, no point updating. i use cul and its great, never treid wiiflow as this is what i come across 1st, always worked well for me!
try 1 if your not happy try the other ;O)

I have installed this and is really good but how do i get the covers to be in like a carousel?

See videos here at 0:30 for details
YouTube - Configurable USB Loader v39

Also how do i make it so if i click on the covers i can see the back like in the video?

cheers

I have installed this and is really good but how do i get the covers to be in like a carousel?

See videos here at 0:30 for details
YouTube - Configurable USB Loader v39

Also how do i make it so if i click on the covers i can see the back like in the video?

cheers

you can press up or down to change the way the covers are shown. The style you are on about is by pressing down a few times and then you can press up on the cover to show the back cover.

Hi,

I am very new to game stuffs, I have a wii with wiiflow on it which is a friend of mine did for my kid and had been working for a while. Now it's not working and I have been trying but no luck. I found this forum and need help:
+ Problems:
- A wiiflow menu was on wii menu
- Clicked and it's loading but went blank
- Took all usb and SD out and it would go back to wii main menu
- Opened SD from wii but no response. If took SD out then it showed no SD
+ Tries:
- Bought another seagate 500GB and clone the old seagate 320GB but no help
- used 2 partitions (FAT32 and WBFS) on new HDD with setting data_on_usb=yes but no luck
- format the wii system and have no idea how to start.

Please show me details on how to start over.

Questions:
- what is homebrew chanel?
- Is that possible my SD damage? (it works when I put in my PC)

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Thuy-

Last edited:
check your lad hasn,t updatede to 4.3 menu turn the wii on select the wii button bottom left of the main screen then wii settings it will have the menu version on the top right of the second screen if it is 4.3 then you need to re hack it using the 4.3 guide if it is 4.1/4.2 menu use bally's guide

edogg

OK, I have just completed this. My experience was I was getting an error ret 1029 in WadManager when trying to install the usbLoder channel wad. I tried deleting and reinstalling IOS249 using Any Title Deleter, but still got the error.

So, to get around this I just installed a IOS236. This IOS apparently allows you to install cIOS's even when a slot is filled or is getting errors. I used this page to install it Ios236 - GAF's Wii Homebrew Tutorial WORD OF WARNING THOUGH, in the instructions, it will ask you if you intend to use it to run pirate games, SELECT NO!! If you accidently select yes then you need to run a shop bought game in the Wii first and then run the IOS236 installer again.

Once this was installed I tried reinstalling IOS249 to get rid of this ret 1029 error, but it didn't, SOOOOO, instead of selecting IOS249 when installing the USBLoder channel (as per Bro's instructions), I instead selected the IOS236 I had just installed and the channel installed fine, and all up and running now...

Just followed the tut for IOS 222, coz my config usb loader (v50-fat, 222-fat) got me the error msg that IOS 222 is missing.
Ok, loaded the IOS222 to my SD card and installed like here posted.
But now when i start the USB Config loader, the wii hung up, the drive is blinking.
16GB USB Stick with fat32 is on the right USB Slot inserted.
Did i miss something ?

EDIT, on the "wrong" USB Port the loader is starting, but giving me the msg that i have to use the right USB Port to proceed.
Ok, put the stick in the right place, but then the loader hung up.
Is the stick the Problem?

Last edited:
My USB stick was the problem.
The 2,5" hdd works fine with the usb loader.
But is there a known problem with sports resorts?
Cant start it, the wii restarts when i try to load it...

how can i rip games direct from my wii to the hdd?
thanks

also i downloaded mario kart wii pal and i want to transfere it to the usb hdd, i opened wii backup manager and selected the iso file in the file thing and it showed the game i then pressed transfer and selected wbfs and selected the wbfs folder on the hdd and it started going but it got so far then stopped i looked at the log file and i got
13:27:53 (AddFilesThread) Disc added. RMCP01 MarioKartWii
13:27:53 (AddFilesThread) Valid discs added. 1
13:27:53 (AddFilesThread) Thread terminated.
13:27:53 (AddFilesThread) Time taken. 00:00:02
13:28:22 (FilesToWBFSFileThread) Thread started
13:28:22 (FilesToWBFSFileThread) Disc count 1
13:38:12 (WiiDisc.DoFiles) Failed to allocate memory for FST 4152295800
13:38:12 (WiiDisc.DoDisc) Error Reading partition 3 type = 2
13:38:12 (FilesToWBFSFileThread) Transfer failed RMCP01 MarioKartWii
13:38:12 (FilesToWBFSFileThread) Average speed 17.18 MB/s
13:38:12 (FilesToWBFSFileThread) Thread terminated.
13:38:12 (FilesToWBFSFileThread) Time taken. 00:09:50

what is the problem here that i have

thanks

Last edited:
no idea what that means !!
to transfer games to the hdd press the + button on the wii mote when it is finished press 1 then 2 and select download all game covers

it is all automatic you dont need to do anything else

edogg

Just tried copying a game I burned on a black wii and get error ret -2 I dont have any iso and was hoping I could copy the ready burnt games is this not possible?

Just tried copying a game I burned on a black wii and get error ret -2 I dont have any iso and was hoping I could copy the ready burnt games is this not possible?

The DVD drives on the black Wii and new Wii's can't read DVDr's so I think that is why you are getting the -2 error. If you still have the ISO's of the games on a PC you can use Wii Backup Manager to convert them to WBFS and then transfer them to the wbfs folder on the hard drive to be used by the Wii. I also think that Wii Backup Manager should be able to read your burnt discs and transfer them to wbfs.

Brilliant post!

I updated my wii to 4.3e, been that long since I touched the wii I had forgotten not to update it, anyway, followed MOAMB's great guide to mod it again then thought I'd have a crack at this one.
It worked a treat and the loader is just brilliant, kids love it! great work, thanks to Bro and Digidude.

For info I updated the loader to version v60-222 and it works fine.

Back