TUTORIAL - CONFIGURABLE USB LOADER - EASY SETUP (fat32)

superb tut.
got it working first time without a hitch.

look great wiith the covers and all.

Sorry for being a noob but cant figure how to get this correct with the games etc. Im using a external hard drive.

I go to Configurable usbloader version 60 and click load
It then comes up with Warning WBFS1 not found. Select a differnet partition or format a WBFS partition.
I click A and get P#1 465_76 FAT1 usb then click A again and get a carousel with my 4 games in but no pictures. I click on a pic and the games will load.
Where have i gone wrong and how do i get the pics up please

Sorry for being a noob but cant figure how to get this correct with the games etc. Im using a external hard drive.

It then comes up with Warning WBFS1 not found. Select a differnet partition or format a WBFS partition.
I click A and get P#1 465_76 FAT1 usb then click A again and get a carousel with my 4 games in but no pictures. I click on a pic and the games will load.

Bit confused here. Have you got the loader working???
The latest version is 62a.

To get the covers you need to be connected to the internet.
Start up USBconfigloader
Press 1
Press 1
Scroll down to <Download All Missing Covers>
Press A

This will then download all the cover you need.

Ray

Bit confused here. Have you got the loader working???
The latest version is 62a.

To get the covers you need to be connected to the internet.
Start up USBconfigloader
Press 1
Press 1
Scroll down to <Download All Missing Covers>
Press A

This will then download all the cover you need.

Ray

Will try that tonight for the covers as i cant do anything till the little lad is in bed as its from santa wink wink lol.
Will let you know how i get on later.

slect the game press 1 then 2 and select download all missing covers i think or on the individual game press 1 then select download cover you need to be connected to the internet wireless is best
the hdd can be ntfs or fat 32 then you make a folder called wbfs and the games go in this

edogg

Just tried it but it did not find any so im doing the wii internet update that it asked for when i put on the connection and will try that again.
Another couple of quick questions

Is there a way that i can get the Configurable usbloader onto a window in the main section so the kids dont have to mess about finding it in a folder.

Configurable usbloader version 62a do i need to have this version and if so how do i do that and where do i get that from.

ARRRRRRRRR now ive lost everything, its coming up
Error custom IOS 249 is a stub please reinstall and ive lost the black theme it came with. The version is now 4.3E. Have i killed is wii before xmas - hope not. what do i have to do now

Last edited:
Hi mate,

Ok think we need to get back to basics here.

Do you have a USBconfigloader channel on the normal Wii menu that you click on to load USBconfigloader???

IMG266.jpg

If not you need to follow the start of this tut again: USB LOADER
You will need to download the CFG LOADER PACK 1

Then follow this part of the guide:

Now with a blank SD card please copy the contents of Extract to SD Device folder to your SD card once you have done this you should have the following folders on your SD CARD:

apps
wads

Place the SD into your wii fire up the homebrew channel and you should have WAD MANAGER 1.5 in view (if not please check your SD card for the folders above).

Go into the wad manager 1.5 and do the following:

Select IOS version to use: [IOS249], Press A.
Select NAND Emulation device [disable], Press A.
Select source device: [Wii SD Slot], Press A.
Go to USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder-UCXF-Channel, press A.
Select action: [install wad], press A.
Come out of WAD Manager 1.5
Now you have just installed the USB LOADER that we will be using later to play your backup games via your USB HDD - This is a channel on your wii menu.

If you do have it installed i would delete it and start again by following the instruction above.

To delete the channel:

Wii Options
Data Management
Channels
Click A on channel and select Erase.

You could also try downloading pimp my wii here and running this to update any old wads/IOS. Drop onto root of card and load via homebrew channel

Failing this there is only really 2 options. See if there is anyone close to you on here that can help you sort it by meeting up or get in the car drive down to Birmingham and i will sort it for you before the big man is surpose to deliver it to your son. :proud:

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried it but it did not find any so im doing the wii internet update that it asked for when i put on the connection and will try that again.

What the hell made you do that? Sorry mate, but that just proves you have not read up on hacking the Wii at all and that is the root of all your problems.

Once bitten, twice shy. Now you need a copy of Lego Indiana Jones to hack it again, it's called the Indian Pawns hack... Look it up.

If you want to hack it again, I suggest you try a bit harder to read up on what you do and don't do before you go rushing in. Next time you might end up with a very expensive paper weight, so take heed.

Wii hacking is not easy to be fair and I have told several people that they shouldn't bother becasue I know they will F it up.

And for what it's worth to you now, you can install a forwarder channel on the main Wii menu to load to the CFG loader.

The version is now 4.3E. Have i killed is wii before xmas - hope not. what do i have to do now

Sorry didnt read it properly as its late and im tired.

No you aint fooked it up but as madeinbeats said you now need Lego Indiana Jones to be able to install the homebrew channel.

I have just sent my copy of the game to another member on here so i cant even help at moment by offering to do it for you. If i get the game back quickly i will still offer to do it for you if you come to Birmingham and would also put games on to your hard drive while you was here but depends on how desprate you are to get it done i guess.

PM me if you need to mate.

Ray

Sorry didnt read it properly as its late and im tired.

No you aint fooked it up but as madeinbeats said you now need Lego Indiana Jones to be able to install the homebrew channel.

I have just sent my copy of the game to another member on here so i cant even help at moment by offering to do it for you. If i get the game back quickly i will still offer to do it for you if you come to Birmingham and would also put games on to your hard drive while you was here but depends on how desprate you are to get it done i guess.

PM me if you need to mate.

Ray

Would Xflaks Modmii not take it back. Cant figure it out , need to get it done before xmas morning. Will search a few shops on my dinner today to see if i can get a copy. Im in Heywood near manchester if anyone can lend me a copy or hire me a copy for a fee as i dont mind paying to lend one.

Last edited:
Another couple of quick questions

Is there a way that i can get the Configurable usbloader onto a window in the main section so the kids dont have to mess about finding it in a folder.

Configurable usbloader version 62a do i need to have this version and if so how do i do that and where do i get that from.

ARRRRRRRRR now ive lost everything, its coming up
Error custom IOS 249 is a stub please reinstall and ive lost the black theme it came with. The version is now 4.3E. Have i killed is wii before xmas - hope not. what do i have to do now

OK m8 you now have to do the softmod again you need a lego indiana jones game and then use modmii you really should not have done that update when you had it nearly working NEVER UPDATE from NIntendo

edogg

Cheers all and espicially to MOAMB for his tutorial and guiding me through when i thought i had a problem via phone. My son will be made up with this on xmas morning. My isp might not be tho as ive got 500gb to fill lol. Cheers m8:Clap::Clap::Clap:

help. I'm on 3.3. used both tuts to install softmod for 3.1 to 4.1. then installed this loader from wd 320 gig fat32 hdd. but i get custom ios 222 could not be loaded. I tried the digi dude ios 222 download but still this no worky

any help much appriciated

help. I'm on 3.3. used both tuts to install softmod for 3.1 to 4.1. then installed this loader from wd 320 gig fat32 hdd. but i get custom ios 222 could not be loaded. I tried the digi dude ios 222 download but still this no worky

you ned to update your loader m8.
update to v60 and all will be well....

nope still cant get it. I got the wii updated 4.1e with pimp my wii but I still get this error when I start the config USB program "ios 222 could not be loaded"

I tried to update the system to 4.3 but I am now getting Error Code 32017 when I try to update via the internet.

have you got modmii if not get it then you can update/ install any missing wads easily

edogg

have you got modmii if not get it then you can update/ install any missing wads easily

edogg

thanks Edogg. I tried to get mod mii working last night but it kept hanging half way through and I couldnt work out how to make a unfreeze me bat file.

I will try again tonight. Its killing me as I know I am so close yet so far away

Hi mate,

Ok think we need to get back to basics here.

Do you have a USBconfigloader channel on the normal Wii menu that you click on to load USBconfigloader???

IMG266.jpg

If not you need to follow the start of this tut again: USB LOADER
You will need to download the CFG LOADER PACK 1

Then follow this part of the guide:

If you do have it installed i would delete it and start again by following the instruction above.

To delete the channel:

Wii Options
Data Management
Channels
Click A on channel and select Erase.

You could also try downloading pimp my wii here and running this to update any old wads/IOS. Drop onto root of card and load via homebrew channel

Failing this there is only really 2 options. See if there is anyone close to you on here that can help you sort it by meeting up or get in the car drive down to Birmingham and i will sort it for you before the big man is surpose to deliver it to your son. :proud:

Ray

I've just tried this but no joy :( I get error ret-1042 or sommit when it tries to install.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just tried this but no joy :( I get error ret-1042 or sommit when it tries to install.

go to wii channels in settings and delete the config channels that you have and use the download from modwii usb config

Back