Tuned Failed

Paul-K

Inactive User
Reaction score
I got this on my box a few weeks ago and am just getting round to looking at it, i bought a new tuner and replaced it but it still says tune failed.

i have tried a few images and channel lists but still the same problem, im sure it's not the tuner as the channels are not greyed out and the tuner shows up as BCM4505 (DVB-S2)

The image im using now is open pli 4.0 sim2 oe2.0

Brand: Dream Multimedia
Model: dm800se
Chipset: unknown
Frontprocessor Version: 1
Total Memory: 136004 kB
Free Memory: 82652 kB
Box Uptime: 0:27
Software
Kernel version: 3.2
Firmware version: unavailable
Gui version: 2013-11-30
Tuners
Tuner A: BCM4505 (DVB-S2)

Anyone have an idea what is wrong with it before the baseball bat comes out.

Signal strength and dish alignment ok ?

LNB ok on another receiver ? Any diseqc switches in your system ?

Sorry should have said i have tried it on 2 dishes that work fine with the vu duo and dm500, no diseqc switches.

Change tuner config to

Simple
Single
28.2E

:)

Yes mate, it's going through all the frequencies but finding nothing

Can only be a mainboard fault then m8,
Is there any way you can try the new tuner in a different box?

Can only be a mainboard fault then m8,
Is there any way you can try the new tuner in a different box?

I did think the same but was hoping i was wrong, i'll try and borrow a box from a friend, Thanks for all the help guys :)

Did you flash a bootloader after flashing image before rebooting? if so which one?
Have you tried a different PSU?
You may wish to remove the tuner and sparing spray some WD40 in the tuner slot. Insert/remove a few times. Makes better contact.

I had a problem with a new DM800SE (A8P) a few months ago. Mine worked OK for about 3 or 4 minutes when switched on from cold, but eventually wouldn't function at all. It never completed a scan successfully but to begin with found a few stations, I guess that's how it passed an initial test. I was advised to change the tuner; did that and it made no difference. Eventually sent it back to vendor, on the other side of the world, he surprisingly agreed it was mainboard fault and refunded. Notice that he no longer supplies this model. Bought another, same country different supplier, works fine. You can check my previous entries. I think you may be able to obtain a new board for much less than another box.

I have had a similar issue for some reason when I reboot the box it will not tune, I have to reboot a few times to get a working picture, re-seating my tuner or trying a few reboots works

I have had a similar issue for some reason when I reboot the box it will not tune, I have to reboot a few times to get a working picture, re-seating my tuner or trying a few reboots works
Are you certain PSU is supplying enough juice?

I have a few PSU's it happens on them all, there is no being able to replictate the problem consistantly

Back