Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tumble dryer ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6259
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6259

Can anyone recommend a decent tumble dryer mines taking ages to dry now and were going to get a new one but havnt a clue what to look for ,Last one we bought was a white knight thing and has only lasted just over a year so dont fancy another 200 quid or cheper im looking to spend.

Cheers guys .

We have a hotpoint condenser dryer, does whats it's ment too and quiet as well.

This may sound silly but we had the same problem, ie it was taking longer and longer to dry our clothes until we twigged on that we had to periodically clean the felt filter out ! What a difference !!

Just incase lol

Condenser or vented?

Generally, vented are cheaper and perform a little better and don't need emptying but if you have no where to run the vent hose, you'll need a condenser.

When I was working in an electrical shop, White Knight were the popular ones and the easiest to shift because they're inexpensive and I can't say any customers really came back complaining about them but I can't say I've owned one myself to comment on them.

BTW, as FUBAR said, check the filter just in case you haven't ;) It will make a difference if it's in need of a clean. They're usually on the inside of the machine beneath the door. Open up the door and filter should pull out quite easily.

There are 2 driers listed on the Which? website that are both best buys and are under £200. They are Whirlpool AWZ3303 and Zanussi-Electrolux ZDE57140W. Both have average reliability. If you want the best, and I know you don't want to pay that much, get the top rated Miele T7644C Novotronic with above average reliabilty for £600.

Whirlpool AWZ3303:-
This entry-level model from mid-market brand Whirlpool is a brilliant dryer for those with a tight budget. It dries quickly and evenly, is quiet, easy to use and leaves the fewest creases. Thumbs up all round!

This vented tumble dryer from Whirlpool works on a timer and has a maximum capacity of 6kg. It takes 107 minutes to dry a full load of cottons fully.

Simple programmes and no sensor, end-of-programme buzzer or programme-stage lights mean that is it basic. But it had no weaknesses in our tests and left clothes less creased than our other Best Buys.

It does have a six minute cold airing cycle, and 13 minute anti-crease phase when the drier finishes too.

Pros: Dries evenly, the door is reversible, quiet, good energy efficiency, leaves fewer creases than most models.

Cons: Pretty basic.

Zanussi-Electrolux ZDE57140W:-
With its large 7kg drum capacity and short drying times, this freestanding vented dryer from Zanussi is a Best Buy. It takes 120 minutes to dry a full 7 kg load of cottons, and the synthetics program is quick too.

The ZDE57140W uses a sensor to measure the load's humidity and automatically determine how long the drying program lasts.

If you prefer to set your own drying times, it allows you to over ride the sensor and program it manually. It lacks a time remaining display so you won't know exactly how long is left before the load is done, but the indicator lights will at least give you some idea of the program status.

There's a lint filter warning light which lets you know if the filter has become clogged with fluff and needs cleaning, and you can also select whether you want a buzzer to signal when your laundry is ready, so that it's not left crumpled in the drum for too long.

The door comes fitted with a right hand hinge, but this can be changed to the left hand side - although you'll need to get a qualified engineer to do this at extra cost.

Pros: Good drying times for synthetics and cottons

Cons: No time remaining indicator, creasing

This may sound silly but we had the same problem, ie it was taking longer and longer to dry our clothes until we twigged on that we had to periodically clean the felt filter out ! What a difference !!

Just incase lol

Yeah mate we clean it every time we use it think we only payied 100 bills for it new so its proberly just cheap crap.We ended up getting one from currys today an indesit for 140 quid looks a good one for the price.

Cheers again guys for all the replys :) Thanks

Back