New phone

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking for a new one, got £200 to spend (don't tell the wife please @miggy), don't want a chineses copy . Give it your best shot guys, don't need anything special just a good phone 4 gig ram minimum decent memory an stuff.

Looking for a new one, got £200 to spend (don't tell the wife please @miggy), don't want a chineses copy . Give it your best shot guys, don't need anything special just a good phone 4 gig ram minimum decent memory an stuff.
Do you want it on contract gez?. I have got the Hauwei P30 and it's a cracking piece of kit. It's as good as any Samsung m8.

No miggy, im already on contract, and me money is gift vouchers for amazon.
Looking on there at the mo. How does Hauwei and google get on , havn't google banned hauwei.

No miggy, im already on contract, and me money is gift vouchers for amazon.
Looking on there at the mo. How does Hauwei and google get on , havn't google banned hauwei.
Really good m8. No issues at all.

Reactions: gez
I thought they banned them from using the playstore @miggy?

There's the Motorola g8 for £19 more if you don't want Chinese.

Last edited:
Did you get get your's recently or before the supposed ban?

I'm a bit disappointed at the Huawei (Pronounced: Who Are We? :D) situation as I like the P20 Lite that I have. Wouldn't do any online banking on it, but I liked the price and it's not a bad phone.

The new versions of Huawei will not come with the play store, nor will they run android. You can still use it fine on older models, it's only the new models that have been banned.

If you're getting an android then root it and then just install a custom rom. This may still be possible with the newer versions of said phone maker.

I got the mrs a xiami pocofone f1, very fast with snapdragon 845 and 6gb ram. She loves it. It has the same chip as my oneplus 6t mclaren but i have 10gb ram and it cost £650.00.

Got my mrs a p30 at Christmas and all her apps transferred from her last android phone including play store and gmail etc really good phone

P20 pro here best phone I have ever had, coming to end of contract will prob keep it and go sim only

Update I picked up a huawei media pad at Argos yesterday downloaded gmail app but would not show I had to allow huawei mail service to read my gmail before I could use gmail to get into my gmail account I need to go through huawei mail service

That sounds suspiciously like huawei checking your emails before you read them.

Yea I’ll use another email account for this tablet

Back