TT C-1500 & Low Level Signal?

EViS

Inactive User
Reaction score
I THINK I may have a low level signal in my area as 50% of my channels stutter quite badly. I've checked the cable and its connections and a 'cable box' plays the channels just fine.

I also understand that the UK has much lower signal strengths than are found on the continent for which market these cards are manufactured, is this true?

So my question is, how can I increase the performance of my TT card to pick up these lower signals?

Some sort of firmware/registry hack?

And, to make sure it is signal strength, is there some sort of simple to use application you can recommend which will verify this for me? I currently use MediaPortal...

It will almost certainly be your signal level from what you describe. There's really not much you can do except to try an amplifier or get your signal level raised in the cabinet (complain to vm about picture stutter on your subbed box and they will send an engineer out to look, and possibly raise level)

I've started to look at amplifiers. There are two commonly available on ebay. The König ANT AMP-PRO30A Return Path (Active) with one output and this CATV Amplifier which I think is manufactured by JMA and has 4 outputs.

I have two STB 'boxes', one dvb-c, and a modem.

So which one I go for depends on how I connect everything together...

a ) Connect the König to the incoming feed coax, then a short coax to a 4-way passive splitter, and connect the three cable tuners and the one modem to this?

b ) Connect a 2-way passive splitter to the incoming feed, the 'JMA' to one output of the splitter, and the three cable tuners directly to the 'JMA'. As the 'JMA' doesn't have a return path, the modem would need to be connected directly to the other output on the splitter (thus avoiding the 'JMA'.

- Which option sounds better in theory?
- What if the signal is too strong for one of the boxes or the modem? Ideally I should be using four seperate amp's, however this takes up alot of space and is quite expensive...

Last edited:
Back