Transponder failed timeout reading pat on dm800se

gunnertrev

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi lads just wondering have any of you encountered this problem before,I have seen a similar post on here but no solution was given,firstly the box is not mine belongs to a mate but it is set up the exact way mine is , the image on it is digitalworldz backup 02/07/14 which I have been using for 6 months great image, now he only has his box 1 week and it worked at first for several hours before he encountered problems,the first of which was "tune failed" so we checked the sat signal on the box and there was none then we plugged back in his sly receiver and it also had no signal so we taught it must be the lnb on dish so the next day he checked it out and a couple of cables were a little lose so he tightened them but he said he also moved the lnb slightly, so he turned back on the sly box and he had his signal back however when he tried his dm800se the above fault came up about the transponder even tough he is getting signal on it also,so I popped out to him to check it and I brought my open box v8 with me as my dm800se was in use,so I hooked up the open box to his cables and it had full signal and picture clearing on all channels, I then taught I would reflash his box again so I used the same image again as it is still working on my box ,however the same error is coming up on all channels even tough he has full signal, then I done a manual scan on 28 .2 but it is not picking up any channels,can anyone shed any light on this please.

Hi lads just wondering have any of you encountered this problem before,I have seen a similar post on here but no solution was given,firstly the box is not mine belongs to a mate but it is set up the exact way mine is , the image on it is digitalworldz backup 02/07/14 which I have been using for 6 months great image, now he only has his box 1 week and it worked at first for several hours before he encountered problems,the first of which was "tune failed" so we checked the sat signal on the box and there was none then we plugged back in his sly receiver and it also had no signal so we taught it must be the lnb on dish so the next day he checked it out and a couple of cables were a little lose so he tightened them but he said he also moved the lnb slightly, so he turned back on the sly box and he had his signal back however when he tried his dm800se the above fault came up about the transponder even tough he is getting signal on it also,so I popped out to him to check it and I brought my open box v8 with me as my dm800se was in use,so I hooked up the open box to his cables and it had full signal and picture clearing on all channels, I then taught I would reflash his box again so I used the same image again as it is still working on my box ,however the same error is coming up on all channels even tough he has full signal, then I done a manual scan on 28 .2 but it is not picking up any channels,can anyone shed any light on this please.

First thing to do would be to transfer a channel list manaully say Rats bouquets. Do this and let us know if you now can see the FTA stuff.

First thing to do would be to transfer a channel list manaully say Rats bouquets. Do this and let us know if you now can see the FTA stuff.
cheers ferret i tried every thing and was about to give up when i found the problem,i took his box to my place and went through the tuner configs but they all matched i then tried your suggestion but it didnt work the error was the same,so i flashed a couple of diff images on it all with no luck same error,so i decided to switch the tuners and i put my tuner into his box and it worked all channels cleared so i taught that his tuner must be faulty,however when i tried his tuner in my box it also worked ,so the problem was his was not seated correctly in his box as i put it back in and away it went picked up all channels and is now running smooth,thanks for your reply and maybe this will help someone else with similar problem.

cheers ferret i tried every thing and was about to give up when i found the problem,i took his box to my place and went through the tuner configs but they all matched i then tried your suggestion but it didnt work the error was the same,so i flashed a couple of diff images on it all with no luck same error,so i decided to switch the tuners and i put my tuner into his box and it worked all channels cleared so i taught that his tuner must be faulty,however when i tried his tuner in my box it also worked ,so the problem was his was not seated correctly in his box as i put it back in and away it went picked up all channels and is now running smooth,thanks for your reply and maybe this will help someone else with similar problem.

Nice one these se boxes do have a problem with tuners unseating but usually the tuner does not show on the tuner config, in this case it didnt for you.

Please you found the problem though mate.

Back