Total Newbie needs help

Henrydog

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a TM Twin today and its my first go with this type of box, connected everything up but cant seem to get a picture, spoke to a mate who has a vu solo and he says I need to upload a new channel list - how do I do this ?
Also my mate said to flash the latest image and that Vix is the best but I cant seem to find it anywhere, I have been to their website but cant see a download for TM just ones for Vu and xtrends any ideas where I would get it from.
My mate says he will come round to help out with setup but he himself is pretty new to these boxes and only the Vu with Vix and he cant make it until friday.

Any advice on what I need to do would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

There is no Vix image released for it yet. It's due out any day although apparently somebody is selling boxes with a pre-release version of it which I personally wouldn't recommended using yet.

The latest official iQ image for it is http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/downloads-technomate-satellite-downloads-38.html but there will be bugs in it, which again, are being fixed and an imminent release expected.

There are a couple of other debut images floating about as well which you'll find on Digidude's site. Once released, I have no doubt the Vix image will be the best of the bunch for now.

Ask in here for latest versions or check downloads http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/downloads-technomate-satellite-downloads-38.html

Last edited by a moderator:
After lots of experimenting and cursing till 1am - I now have the channels in place and a good picture on the free channels :thumbsup:
Still got to work out how to get it working with my card though so need to know what I do with CCcam and how to get/use the ?Boxkey?
Having read all the argueing in the other thread here, discard my reference to using Vix in my first post as I understand it is not available and anyway the last thing I need at my stage is something that will cause issues with the box - having enough trouble as it is :Dunce:

I would only put the vix image on once it has been fully released... if it ever gets fully released lol. To be honest not sure what the best version of IQ image is to use as they have released so many and there seems to be problems with all of them.

Usually a quick way of putting channel lists on is using the blue button and downloading a channel list direct from the server or use dreamboxedit and load a channel list to your box. Simple choose an e2 channel list (rat's is an excellent channel list) which can be found in the forum and so are others.. And there are guides on the forum on how to use dreamboxedit but it is a simple as started software, Putting ip and password and port in to settings. Load the channel list you downloaded to the software and ftp (transfer) it to the box and send a reload command.

As for CCCAM... Oscam with cccam 2.1.3 should be suitable for your requiments ;-) You can download that using a peice of software called tspanel or just download cam and manually transfer the cam to the box. Enable and your good to go ... No box key needed :Wave:

I would only put the vix image on once it has been fully released... if it ever gets fully released lol. To be honest not sure what the best version of IQ image is to use as they have released so many and there seems to be problems with all of them.

Usually a quick way of putting channel lists on is using the blue button and downloading a channel list direct from the server or use dreamboxedit and load a channel list to your box. Simple choose an e2 channel list (rat's is an excellent channel list) which can be found in the forum and so are others.. And there are guides on the forum on how to use dreamboxedit but it is a simple as started software, Putting ip and password and port in to settings. Load the channel list you downloaded to the software and ftp (transfer) it to the box and send a reload command.

As for CCCAM... Oscam with cccam 2.1.3 should be suitable for your requiments ;-) You can download that using a peice of software called tspanel or just download cam and manually transfer the cam to the box. Enable and your good to go ... No box key needed :Wave:

Many thanks up and running now: thanks :

Got a TM Twin today and its my first go with this type of box, connected everything up but cant seem to get a picture, spoke to a mate who has a vu solo and he says I need to upload a new channel list - how do I do this ?
Also my mate said to flash the latest image and that Vix is the best but I cant seem to find it anywhere, I have been to their website but cant see a download for TM just ones for Vu and xtrends any ideas where I would get it from.
My mate says he will come round to help out with setup but he himself is pretty new to these boxes and only the Vu with Vix and he cant make it until friday.

Any advice on what I need to do would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Youve come on leaps and bounds since knowing fook all to then publically telling people not to release images to me you are a sleeping SPY and if i still moderated i would ban your ass for social engineering

Youve come on leaps and bounds since knowing fook all to then publically telling people not to release images to me you are a sleeping SPY and if i still moderated i would ban your ass for social engineering

Whats up Jimmy?

Think JimmyP is talking about the post in the below thread by henrydog...prior to the leaked ViX image release. I agree with him it isstrange that somebody caiming to be newbie knowing nothing, suddenly has a OE Alliance member avatar..and is warning people not to release leaked images...

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/291563/

Now it makes sense,sorry never copped it earlier :)

Well to play devil's advocate, that was 3 months ago. You can learn a hell of a lot in 3 months and going with that I'd imagine he's spent 3 months on WoS

Well to play devil's advocate, that was 3 months ago. You can learn a hell of a lot in 3 months and going with that I'd imagine he's spent 3 months on WoS

dont be so naive..... he,s another vix fanboy plant imo,regards mdt

Back