toshiba satellite pro A120 opening guide

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi - i need to fix the dc jack on the board...anyone got a guide on how to dismantle this laptop > ta

i've fixed a few , have you broken the pin ? or is it lose ?

if its a broken pin u'll have to remove the old one almost brake it off and use some wick to clean the holes up not as easy as it sounds, lots of flux. not a thing for the light hearted m8

this might help toshiba's are much the same.

remove all the screws from the back , take care with the cd rom one and these more behind the battery .

remove the cd rom and u'll see 4 more deep in side

remove the pannel above the key board remove screws for screen ( be carefull don't damage the cable .

remove screws for keyboard remove cable

remove small cable for touch pad .

lift the cover ( its the keyboard side blastic that comes off )

Last edited:
i've fixed a few , have you broken the pin ? or is it lose ?

if its a broken pin u'll have to remove the old one almost brake it off and use some wick to clean the holes up not as easy as it sounds, lots of flux. not a thing for the light hearted m8

this might help toshiba's are much the same.

remove all the screws from the back , take care with the cd rom one and these more behind the battery .

remove the cd rom and u'll see 4 more deep in side

remove the pannel above the key board remove screws for screen ( be carefull don't damage the cable .

remove screws for keyboard remove cable

remove small cable for touch pad .

lift the cover ( its the keyboard side blastic that comes off )
thanks mate.....sounds good, but i want one with photos showing stage by stage...there is a few ssites i found but not for this laptop....i think the soldered joints have come away from the board..use to work when you wiggle it but not anymore..i tried to remove the cd rom..all the screws which i could see holding the cd rom, but the damm thing wouldnt come out..lol?

thanks mate..doesnt seem to be a guide for the satellite pro a120 that ive got....
ur welcome, yeah i saw after i posted.

If you scroll down in the manuals page, you have generic manuals as well as all toshiba's should have same opening procedures.

read warnings and cautions first tho mate :)

ok guys...opened my laptop up..got to the motherboard...there doesnt seem to be any sign of movement or solder point is lifted on the dc jack...where its soldered onto the motherboard..looked very closely at it..no movement or anything to suggest that the joint has come away...put everything back still the same...how can i test the power supply is good or bad ?...

Back