TomTon one XL problem,

parker13

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all, been tring to get this going but I must be doing something wrong, I deleted everything in the tomtom, connected it up TomTom home and installed the latest application, it did this three times untill it said it was up to date, I then downloaded United kingdom and Ireland_890_4222 maps from here, unzipped it and dragged the folder into the Tomtoms route folder, also downloaded fastactivate from here, unzipped it and dragged the .exe into the tomtoms route folder, rebooted the tomtom, connected it back to the pc, opend it up and clicked the activater.exe, went through the three stages and all seems to go ok but now when I boot the Tomtom it says no maps found, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Maps only work with certain Navcores. Which Navcore do you have installed?

Hi, I think this is it,

ApplicationVersion=9369

Can you select the map from the preferences? Does it list the map?

Does your map directory have a .meta file in it? Does the meta list UK and Rep of Ireland 890.4222?

Switch it on and a red screen comes up saying no voices, click continue and a screen comes up saying no maps found, I looked in the map folder and can't see anything called meta, how can i tell if that is the right map for my navcore ?

If you do a google search for "navcore map compatibility" you should find a table that tells you. As far as I can tell you have a map that is compatible with 9.X Navcore

What I think you are missing is the meta data for the maps etc. Might be worth searching for a meta file for 890.4222. Copy the meta file into the map directory. Re-run fast activator, and you should have a valid map

When you installed the latest navcore from tom tom web you unplug your tt from pc and boot it as it creates a needed file for patching as Well as connecting it to pc and running tt home and selecting operate my device from there as that also creates a needed file,, 30.8.12 is the latest activator and has the meta built in

Last edited:
Hi, have done all that, just wiped the tomtom to try again, what is 30.8.12 ?

got that activator now, will give it another go, thanks.

Redone the lot and still says no map found,

The activator didn't create a meta file so I copied one into the map file and ran the activator again but still says no maps,

i had the self same issue with my tt one 3rd gen, the navcore i updated through tt home was 8.010 but i throw every map at it and it didnt show any of the maps, downloaded navcore 9.061 from a well known gps forum and copied to tt root put map on an fastactivate 30.8.2012, ran that an prob solved,, so change navcore from the one downloaded through tt home

Hi mate I did my tomtom one xl last week no problem, I have Navcore 9.17 and bootloader 5.5132. Now I think from your posts you do not have the META which you need for the map to work.
If you dont have the META here it is, copy into the root of your tomtom.

Attachments

• meta.txt
    47 bytes · Views: 2
The meta I have tried does have the right details in it, seems I have navcore 8.010 as opposed to what was thought earlier so will update it and go from there, cheers for your help guys.

Navcore 8.010 definatly wont run the 890.4222 (had the same problem myself) I updated mine to 9.17 and the bootloader as well 5.5132 now I can load the map no problem.
Nicer menu as well on 9.17.

Back