TomTom on N96 ?

imranrasool

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hiya guys,

Just a quick question to run past you as there hasnt been much on the N96 so far. I have the N95 and have managed to install the gps internal receiver fix and tom tom with maps etc.

Now I hear the N96 has a slightly different version of the symbian software to the N95. Will this mean the same procedure cant be repeated again?

Better still has anyone tried it?

Also as I'm here, is there in difference in the processing power between the N95 and N96?

Thanks guys.

Hey Carlos,

Thanks for the PM and thanks for reply. I just wanted to make sure TomTom works as I have a SIRF Star III receiver I can use until an updated patch comes out.

Thanks also for helping out on the previous threads in relation to TomTom Installation, as thanks to all the advice you were giving to other users. I was able to resolve issues without having to post.

Cheers

Imran

N96 processor is slightly slower than the N95 as far as im aware...

Just wondering where you got the tom tom software to run on the n96 as I would like to change over when my 3 free months nokia maps runs out, thanks

N96 processor is slightly slower than the N95 as far as im aware...

Just wondering where you got the tom tom software to run on the n96 as I would like to change over when my 3 free months nokia maps runs out, thanks

I cant get tomtom to run on my 96, I just get a spinning globe

Hiya guys just read this thread, last post on the first page i've posted full instructions on how to install and how to overcome possible problems.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/188645/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, I have just purchased a nokia n96 and trying to use tomtom v6 with it. However i have tried to run the tomtom on there and all i have is a white screen with tomtom and a spinning globe.

I did install this file and it did appear where i had to set the miles and km's and voices etc but came up no maps found. I taken the munich file and the other file which was there inside the tomtom folder and put them on the mass storage area and now just appears to be doing what is stated above.

Any help or solutions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

:Cool2:

Last edited:
Yea have tried this unfortunately i still get the white screen and spinning globe. Would this have anything to do with a cracked file? The file downloaded and installed on the phone was cracked file don't know if this matters?

Hi,
Have tried this link and this is where i have actually downloaded the file from but having no success with it im afraid. I'm stuck now if you could point me in the right direction that would be fantastic.

Regards,
Mark

Back