Tomtom 7 on Navigo 3.5" V2 (ebuyer) ?

english

Inactive User
Reaction score
alright lads I've been banging my head against a brick wall , as u do

I just can't get this running (is it even possible) .. I can see maps and Poi's but .. NO GPS ..

It's the same if I install v6?

Active sync doesn't see my device ?

How do you 'install' Tomtom 7 using the TTN_7.450.9028.cab file ??

I'm also told to go for com port 1 in gps settings but I can only pick com port 7 ?

I made the custom file from my unique Id

Would I be able to put Tomtom cams, maps, voices and Poi's on the Turbo Dog v5.0 firmware?

:err:

trying not to ramble =) and I have read an awful lot of stuff lol.

I'm a satnav noob, me.

Active Sync for Navigo v2

well i found the ansa to active sync ;

Setting up Active Snc on the GPS

1.Connect the GPS to Computer Via USB Cable and click the left button (USB Mode) when prompted. If no prompt appears, you may need to turn the unit on

2.Then check the PC “MY Computer”, and you will find two mass storage devices.* One will be the SD and the other will be the actual GPS.

3.Click on the mass storage device which contains “maps” and “mobilenavigator” folders (this will be the SD card)

4.Move a copy of these folders to your desktop and delete from your SD card

5.Then copy two files (gpsrunfile.txt and usbsetting.exe) which are Available Here (attached)

6.Switch off the unit

7.Ensure the Activesync programme is installed on your PC (this is on the CD)

8.Power up the GPS and select USB mode again

9.Select Navigation from the main menu and you will be faced with a pop up box.* Please* click ‘Set* Activesync Mode’ and click ‘OK’ twice

10.After a final reboot of the GPS, run Activesync and you will be faced with a Chinese language pop up. Please select top/left button on pop up to continue.* Your GPS is now in Active Sync Mode

11.Feel free to test the sync is working but remember that you need to delete the two files off the SD card (gpsrunfile.txt and usbsetting.exe) and copy back on the original folders (maps)

12.If you wish to return the GPS to mass storage mode repeat the above sequence but choose Mass storage mode at step 9

Last edited:
Mate do you know if it is possible to have this on the original 4:3 navigo doing the rounds in bargain basement?

Mate do you know if it is possible to have this on the original 4:3 navigo doing the rounds in bargain basement?

i can confirm it does mate

i made a whole flippin thread all i had to do was go outside with it :) :)

ur talking about the 54.99 one from ebuyer? that's the one i got.

i can confirm it does mate

i made a whole flippin thread all i had to do was go outside with it :) :)

ur talking about the 54.99 one from ebuyer? that's the one i got.

would you be kind enough to direct me to that thread please? :)

would you be kind enough to direct me to that thread please? :)

if u get stuck i'll send files off my sd card over msn m8 . i can't remember exactly which files did it i had about 10 sets to go at an mixed and matched a few, latest cams etc u'd have to write ur own .dct (is it) file as well? yep

I got tomtom 7 navigator yesterday and managed to get it going on my Navigo. Though I did not do it from a cab file. I was thinking of posting that info but looks like your way works just as well.

Had been using tomtom 6 all this time.

I got a Mini with the British flag rooftop as my cursor - and use soulman as my voice - excellent.

I got tomtom 7 navigator yesterday and managed to get it going on my Navigo. Though I did not do it from a cab file. I was thinking of posting that info but looks like your way works just as well.

Had been using tomtom 6 all this time.

I got a Mini with the British flag rooftop as my cursor - and use soulman as my voice - excellent.

Would u mind posting the info m8?

Re: Active Sync for Navigo v2

can anyone mail me the navigo-146672.zip as attached in this forum?
For some reason, it says that download is not allowed.

Best Regards
AK

u will be able to download it when u have 5 helpfull posts and server refreshes
ps read the rules

any crap posts will be deleted

Last edited:

1.Connect the GPS to Computer Via USB Cable and click the left button (USB Mode) when prompted. If no prompt appears, you may need to turn the unit on

2.Then check the PC “MY Computer”, and you will find two mass storage devices.* One will be the SD and the other will be the actual GPS.

3.Click on the mass storage device which contains “maps” and “mobilenavigator” folders (this will be the SD card)

5.Then copy two files (gpsrunfile.txt and usbsetting.exe) which are Available Here (attached)

6.Switch off the unit

9.Select Navigation from the main menu and you will be faced with a pop up box.* Please* click ‘Set* Activesync Mode’ and click ‘OK’ twice

10.After a final reboot of the GPS, run Activesync and you will be faced with a Chinese language pop up. Please select top/left button on pop up to continue.* Your GPS is now in Active Sync Mode

11.Feel free to test the sync is working but remember that you need to delete the two files off the SD card (gpsrunfile.txt and usbsetting.exe) and copy back on the original folders (maps)

12.If you wish to return the GPS to mass storage mode repeat the above sequence but choose Mass storage mode at step 9

why do i need active snc? actually what active snc is doing?
can i boot on wince with this?
i'm interested to boot on wince my navigo v2 but i could not find anything about this.
could any1 help please?

I've just bought one of these and was wondering if anyone has hacked theirs to a point where you can play music whilst still using TomTom ?
I have TT7 running fine now but won't bother going further if it's a one-or-the-other type situation.

Cheers in advance!

6.Switch off the unit

Mine came with an option to connect via Activsync but even with this method i can't connect

Back