Tomtom 7 on Navigo 3.5" V2 (ebuyer) ?

I have just purchased one of these, fingers crossed I can get tomtom to work

i found a dutch one but it seems to be giving me issues on the english windows mobile it wont make shortcuts in the programs folder

Darn it, I also need to download the activesync file - as eBuyer's link is broken.

Oh well...

Damn, devil's avatar, looks like Nadine!

Sarah (my avatar) could do with a set of them, make her perfect then :)

Hi regarding changing your cursor for the mini; did you manage to get the mini without the square background? have you used the french tomtom cursor editor (as mine cannot see attached tom tom) thanks.: multi :

I've got Western Europe 1GB 815.2024 and UK Ireland v815.2024 installed on the same card. Does anyone know how to get Mapshare working I've got the 4 files but not sure what to do with them. A very unhelpful smart alec in work said it's got something to do with 'Iberia' but he likes being superior and wouldn't give me anymore info.

Cheers

Re: Active Sync for Navigo v2

well i found the ansa to active sync ;

Setting up Active Snc on the GPS

1.Connect the GPS to Computer Via USB Cable and click the left button (USB Mode) when prompted. If no prompt appears, you may need to turn the unit on

2.Then check the PC “MY Computer”, and you will find two mass storage devices.* One will be the SD and the other will be the actual GPS.

3.Click on the mass storage device which contains “maps” and “mobilenavigator” folders (this will be the SD card)

4.Move a copy of these folders to your desktop and delete from your SD card

5.Then copy two files (gpsrunfile.txt and usbsetting.exe) which are Available Here (attached)

6.Switch off the unit

7.Ensure the Activesync programme is installed on your PC (this is on the CD)

8.Power up the GPS and select USB mode again

9.Select Navigation from the main menu and you will be faced with a pop up box.* Please* click ‘Set* Activesync Mode’ and click ‘OK’ twice

10.After a final reboot of the GPS, run Activesync and you will be faced with a Chinese language pop up. Please select top/left button on pop up to continue.* Your GPS is now in Active Sync Mode

11.Feel free to test the sync is working but remember that you need to delete the two files off the SD card (gpsrunfile.txt and usbsetting.exe) and copy back on the original folders (maps)

12.If you wish to return the GPS to mass storage mode repeat the above sequence but choose Mass storage mode at step 9

You are a star, spent all day trying and fouud this tut, worked perfectly on my V2 Navigo, Thanks loads

Re: Tomtom 1 on Navigo 3.5" V2 (ebuyer) ?

Good afternoon,

I wonder if anyone can help me? I have a Navigo that was brought before xmas to replace a broken tomtom 1. Now I am getting an error relating to mobilenavigator.exe

Can I use my orginal tomtom one SD card in this Navigo? Or do I have to purchase the new tomtom 7..

Kind Regards

Re: Active Sync for Navigo v2

could someone post the navigo-146672.zip file to me? thank you.

Hi guys just got a Navigo v2 off ebuyer, just wondering if anyone can tell me what files i need with instructions on how to mod it to run tomtom. Thanks

this site is awesome foe the navigo there are tuts for all satnav sw you can put on it not just tomtom but route 66 igo and the turbodog that comes with the navigo

Link no longer exists, where can I get the tomtom software?

Hi guys......New to the forum and in desperate need of some help!!!

I originally had the (I presume) v1 version (slightly bigger and more rounded) which was stolen from my car last night. I needed another straight away and purchased one from WHSmiths which I presume is a v2, more square and no vol control on side and only one on/off button on top. I already had all the maps and tomtom stuff save on my computer but for the life of me I can't get it to work.

I've been on all day and only once got two drives to show one is only about 32k while the other is 9**mb, I managed to copy the maps and mobilenavigator folders over but every time I enter the gps the tomtom screen shows but I get an error "tomtom navigator failed to start", I only have an ok button to press and when I do it just sits on the tomtom splash screen.

I know it was really simple the last time I done this but just can't figure it out this time.....

I'd really appreciate some help cos I am lost without it (literally).

Many thanks in advance.

PS: The navigation icon is grayed out unlike the others which is in colour....If that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks mate....That's the reason I joined but seems I can't download it until I have made a certain amount of posts.....and I didn't want to just spam until I got the file! I have read many tutorials today from one forum or another but still stuck.

Last edited:
Thanks mate....That's the reason I joined but seems I can't download it until I have made a certain amount of posts.....and I didn't want to just spam until I got the file! I have read many tutorials today from one forum or another but still stuck.

whats your email address mate?

Back