Tommy Hill: I won’t be defending; I need to win

bretttina

Inactive User
Reaction score
Worx Crescent Suzuki's Tommy Hill has vowed to come out fighting next weekend (8/9/10 October) at Oulton Park as he prepares for the final showdown that will decide the destiny of the 2010 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

Hill heads into the season finale with an eleven point advantage but despite his Title Fighter rivals saying the pressure rests on his shoulders as championship leader, Hill is refusing to bow to mind games and is going to settle for nothing less than three victories next weekend.

Talking to the BSB website Hill said: "Everyone keeps saying it is my championship to lose but of course the other Title Fighters will say that as it also becomes a mental game now too. All of us are feeling positive and know that is so close that it could go any way, but I am in a good position going into the final round and I love Oulton Park so I am feeling happy.

"I am not going into the weekend wanting to defend; I am going out there to win all three races and hopefully then get the job done. The three race format is great and if I can bag some more points over the other Title Fighters on Saturday then that will benefit me for the two races on Sunday and will take a little bit of pressure off me and the Worx Crescent Suzuki team. At the same time though I know I can't relax despite the slight advantage and if anyone is putting the pressure on it is me as I want to win.

Hill's billing as title favourite is justified by his impressive form at Oulton Park earlier in the season; the Lingfield rider bagged a double podium. He recoginises that that the title is within his grasp.

Hill added: "The other Title Fighters are going to keep pushing until the end and I am not thinking about the eleven points lead in the standings to be honest. If you think about having an advantage too much then you don't race at your sharpest and that is when you lose out. Last time we raced at Oulton Park the two races were run in two different conditions and that gives me confidence as I know we have a strong place to start no matter what happens. I have been training harder than ever since Silverstone and there is nothing I want more than to leave Oulton Park on Sunday as the 2010 BSB champion."

Back