Tom Tom Florida maps ?

Coppull-Buster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im looking to buy a satnav mainly for uk use..

Ive recently booked a holiday to Florida, if I was to buy a tomtom in the uk, loaded with uk maps, would it be possible to download maps for Florida and load them onto the tomtom for use when I go on holiday?

but will they let you take the device to the US, they might consider is weapon/targetting system of some sort, I would check with the US Embassy - not kidding.

Hi,

If you are interested, I know where to look for a full North American map and how to make it work.

Im looking to buy a satnav mainly for uk use..

Ive recently booked a holiday to Florida, if I was to buy a tomtom in the uk, loaded with uk maps, would it be possible to download maps for Florida and load them onto the tomtom for use when I go on holiday?

I bought a Navig0 from WH Smith (same model on Ebuyer under £50) for exactly this purpose & it defo works.
HH.

I bought a Navig0 from WH Smith (same model on Ebuyer under £50) for exactly this purpose & it defo works.
HH.

My m8 is moving to Australia and has asked me to put the aus maps on his navigo (the new type) i have already sorted it with the uk maps and tt7.
I downloaded aussy maps but how do i get them on the navigo is my question? P.S sorry to hijack the thread m8.

Can you not use the same method you did for the UK maps?
HH.

The problem you may have with some SatNavs is that they have no memory card slot.

The TomTom1 for example will run the latest version of the OS and software but if you get a revision3 unit they do not have the card slot and there is not enough storage to get the USA maps on it. But it can all be done and all for free if you look around....

The problem you may have with some SatNavs is that they have no memory card slot.

The TomTom1 for example will run the latest version of the OS and software but if you get a revision3 unit they do not have the card slot and there is not enough storage to get the USA maps on it. But it can all be done and all for free if you look around....

Thanks for the advice/info...
Im hoping to shop around at the weekend for a TomTom1, so which versions have the SD card slot and which ones do not?

Ive been doing a bit of research and have found the TomTom One XL has an SD card slot..

So I have ordered one of them from a site that is offering them at £91.99 and are throwing in a free carry case.. Normally around £146.95 + £14.95 for the case, so I think it sounds like a good deal.. It comes with an SD card pre-loaded with UK & Eire maps, plus I have ordered a blank 2GB SD card, so I have plenty of space to add maps & P.O.I. etc..

No doubt I will be back here scouting for info & files when it arrives, lol...

Last edited:
Ive been doing a bit of research and have found the TomTom One XL has an SD card slot..

So I have ordered one of them from a site that is offering them at £91.99 and are throwing in a free carry case.. Normally around £146.95 + £14.95 for the case, so I think it sounds like a good deal.. It comes with an SD card pre-loaded with UK & Eire maps, plus I have ordered a blank 2GB SD card, so I have plenty of space to add maps & P.O.I. etc..

No doubt I will be back here scouting for info & files when it arrives, lol...

You should have got a navigo from wh smith or ebuyer for half that price m8 and you could have put tomtom software on it.

You should have got a navigo from wh smith or ebuyer for half that price m8 and you could have put tomtom software on it.

I suggested that to him/her in 2 threads, even linked him/her to the Ebuyer one (I bought mine from WH Smith but couldn't find it on the site today) but he/she obviously had his/her heart set on a Tom Tom).

How'd you get on with the Australia map for your mate Ian?
HH.

I suggested that to him/her in 2 threads, even linked him/her to the Ebuyer one (I bought mine from WH Smith but couldn't find it on the site today) but he/she obviously had his/her heart set on a Tom Tom).

How'd you get on with the Australia map for your mate Ian?
HH.

Yes m8 got it sorted no problem i just used the batch file in the cmd mode to patch the map folder... job done

Ive got my new TomTom XL and am getting to grips with most things on it.
However Im not sure which version maps I can put on it..

On the device ID screen it says:-

App 8.010 (9369/080529) OS:190943
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.3026
Map: "United_Kingdom_adn_Republic_of_Ireland" v675.1409

If anybody could advise me as to which version maps I could put on it, I would be very greatfull..

Thanks in advance
Buster

Ive got my new TomTom XL and am getting to grips with most things on it.
However Im not sure which version maps I can put on it..

On the device ID screen it says:-

App 8.010 (9369/080529) OS:190943
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.3026
Map: "United_Kingdom_adn_Republic_of_Ireland" v675.1409

If anybody could advise me as to which version maps I could put on it, I would be very greatfull..

Thanks in advance
Buster

Start a new thread m8 you will get a better response

Back