To My Scottish Friends

So I think England should now have a referendum to see if we should kick Scotland out of the Union :D

i think engerland should have a referendum to guage the English point of view.
only fair...

So I think England should now have a referendum to see if we should kick Scotland out of the Union :D

I wouldn't have put the smilie on the end because this should genuinly happen.

According to the vote, 1,617,989 of the scots have no allegiance to the UK. Why don't we get a referendum on what to do with them?

On a serious note, this little exercise has cost millions. It looks like Glasgow was the hub of the yes vote. Take the cost out of the welfare allocation for the city.

You wanted a referendum now pay for the fecking thing.

Salmond and his SNP loonies have precipitated the break up of the whole of the UK. The rich cities will rule the roost now and the regions will be the losers, no matter what part of the UK they were before.

I wouldn't have put the smilie on the end because this should genuinly happen.

According to the vote, 1,617,989 of the scots have no allegiance to the UK. Why don't we get a referendum on what to do with them?

On a serious note, this little exercise has cost millions. It looks like Glasgow was the hub of the yes vote. Take the cost out of the welfare allocation for the city.

You wanted a referendum now pay for the fecking thing.

Salmond and his SNP loonies have precipitated the break up of the whole of the UK. The rich cities will rule the roost now and the regions will be the losers, no matter what part of the UK they were before.

if you want a referendum in your own country then speak to your mp.. :)

ffs some posting that don't have a clue on the political situation.
i was a no voter my mrs was a yes, she was devastated with the result.
the politics will play out like this......

rest of the uk(england,wales,northern ireland) want their increased powers.

westminister slowly becomes a parliment for the four nations and independence for all in the UK becomes reality.

gaining independence for the four nations without bad blood is what will keep us together.
only then when we all govern ourselves will we get politicians who actually govern for the people.

i look forward to seeing the news when someone from england says we have less revenue now scotland is looking after it's own finances!

just need to play the long game 10-15 years it will be reality.

So can we revoke free scripts and university fees now in Scotland? its only fair seeing as the Scots wanted to stay with the rest of us they should pay the same as us... unless of course thats already happened and I missed it.

tbh I am glad Scotland managed to get a referendum, England/ Uk have been trying for years to get one on the EU but never seem to get there maybe now it will change and we will be able to voice our opinions.

@zad Don't worry you'll get your referendum on EU after the next General Election when a Tory/UKIP coalition government will want UK out of Europe. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gutted yes I am a proud one of the 45% . Scotland will get shafted now the three amigos already going back on Devo max , Tories want to cut Scotland budget by £4billion and looking to scrap the "unfair" Barnet formula. With 1 in 4 children living in poverty in Scotland this number looks like it will rise. I can see the NHS being privatised , we will still have nuclear weapons based in Scotland, Can see us having to scrap free uni tuition and paying for prescriptions , I honestly can't see much benefit for Scotland staying in the union. I have no problem with people voting no ( my wife was no voter- she believed the BBC scaremongering ) as I honestly believe they voted cause they thought it was right for them how can you argue with that.

I'm gutted yes I am a proud one of the 45% . Scotland will get shafted now the three amigos already going back on Devo max , Tories want to cut Scotland budget by £4billion and looking to scrap the "unfair" Barnet formula. With 1 in 4 children living in poverty in Scotland this number looks like it will rise. I can see the NHS being privatised , we will still have nuclear weapons based in Scotland, Can see us having to scrap free uni tuition and paying for prescriptions , I honestly can't see much benefit for Scotland staying in the union. I have no problem with people voting no ( my wife was no voter- she believed the BBC scaremongering ) as I honestly believe they voted cause they thought it was right for them how can you argue with that.

What a depressing view! I could tear many of your aguments apart but if we just take one, child poverty. In the UK we have absolutely no understanding of the word, inequality would be more correct but it doesn't sound anything like as bad in the media. World poverty threshold is $1.25 per day.

On the figures I can find (largely the same from UK and Scottish sources) child poverty averages 40% with Glasgow comparing well at 37% with Central Manchester at 47%. The gap between rich and poor is ever widening but I don't see Scotland being any worse off than the rest of us?

Back