Tm9100 or Tm600/500

jackdaw247

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello to all,
Could i ask for your members opinion as i am currently saving for a new receiver and considering replacing my TM3100 with on the of the above.
Many Thanks

i have a TM 600 for test and like it a lot remote good also and it has not bricked once yet unlike the DM 500

Many thanks to Betas for the info.
TM 600 -1
TM9100 -0
Does anyone why the TM600/500 haven`t got a cam slot ?
(probably made myself look thick with that one ;-)

ive got all 3, theyre equal in the menus etc, as theyre all based on enigma1 images

the differences is the 'extras' in the hardware

TM500, single card slot
TM600, single card slot, 3 USB ports (front, back, internal) for hard drives, memory sticks, etc
TM9100, twin card slots, CI slot (for a CAM), internal IDE connection for hard disk, MMc card slot

Many thanks to Manic01 and Digidude for their comments.
Digidude--as an owner of all three models,can i ask......
If you had none of the models and had to buy one....which would you pick?
(hope you do not mind me putting you on the spot)

if you needed recordable functions, then the 500 would be out (it can record over a network, they all can, but not just plug and go)

if you wanted to use more than one card, then the 500 and 600 would be out

if you wanted to use a CAM then the 9100 is the only choice

theres also price differences, the more something can do, the more hardware it has, the more you pay for it

the 500 would be a 'next step' from the 3100 and an intro into linux, but if then you find you would also like to record etc, then it may be worth spending the little bit extra on a 600 to begin with

but then you may find that you want to record and use more than one card, so the 9100 would be the best one

Digidude--you are a legend!
I am treading cautiously as life on benefits is a joke.
Looks like the TM600`s the winner!!!!!!!
(best get reading some more of the excellent information on this site)
Many Many Thanks

I have had a dreambox for 5 years and I have just borrowed a tm9100s and compaired to my dm the 9100s is a far far more stable machine. Its everything I wanted my dm to too many hardware faults with the dm.

However the tm9100s is quite old now and these 2 new boxes are a cracking price. So all posts I have read about these new boxes have been positive.

Coley

Back