tm800 or vu+duo

much appreciated mark hopefully be intouch soon.

still need to get sly installed...am i better to go for the full hd package?

cheers.

Last edited:
much appreciated mark hopefully be intouch soon.

still need to get sly installed...am i better to go for the full hd package?

cheers.

I guess there is no point spending £400 on a HD receiver and having no HD channels lol

I guess you need to persuade your mates too presuming they are joining in your cs

lol...ye ur right, just checking....aye they'll be fine unless they want to pay full whack.

cheers m8.

Remember to add an extra quid to cover your leccy bills :)

It is good idea to talk about a twin tuner box.But lets write what is pros and cons of tm800 and v+duo.
I have copied this news from tm website today.

News
TM-800 HD Linux Launched
7th June 2010
The tm800 HD is now available from all Technomate dealers.
We have extended a free Wi-Fi adaptor worth £50 until the end of 2010 .
It will be available by end of June 2010,
*We require a copy of the receipt/invoice and guarantee card.
comparing price .even getting a fully discounted v+will be £350 no wi fi
adding internal wifi could top you another £50 or more .
1-tm800 is include wi fi is £249
2-howmany times you have recorded 2 channel or more ??that's is the only pros of v+duo is it worth £150 more.

exactly m8!
but i should prefer to use DM people instead even most of them are germans!When it cincerns dm8000 ,attach an cable tuner and see how cheap that looks!I managed to detached it with a usb fan!So its bloody overprised!(btw its not mine,thats a good news)

regards

Personally the twin tuners are v important with kids etc and you can add a usb wifi dongle at the rear for under £8

USB that is cheap solution wi fi what is the rang or distance covered.
tm wifi is N this means 250 meter this type wi fi you can not buy less than £50
I used USB wi fi max,I had from it was about 5 meter with signal going up and down

end result.if anybody decide at the start how much to spend and what its worth
having 2 tuners if you willing to pay round £350 and add N wifi which will be at least extra £50 that will be £400 with additional box on the back of it and extra power supply too messy.
If you have that sort of money is good but considering lots users out there do not have that much.I think tm will be good choice for what it has to offer,

When you spend up to £400 for the VU+ Duo you get something more than just a great box that is well built you also get great support from Pli/DE/Vti teams that you cant put a price on!

1-tm800 is include wi fi is £249
2-howmany times you have recorded 2 channel or more ??that's is the only pros of v+duo is it worth £150 more.

For me the Duo wins as it has superb support and can run DM800 images, it also has a much faster CPU so zap times are better.

Have you seen the number of quality Dev teams working on it?

It's all about the support and plugins dude! ;)

I love my TM800, and that's even before it has a real proper 100% working image, but given a choice. If I could afford it, I'd rather have the Duo.

For me the Duo wins as it has superb support and can run DM800 images, it also has a much faster CPU so zap times are better.

Have you seen the number of quality Dev teams working on it?

It's all about the support and plugins dude! ;)

I love my TM800, and that's even before it has a real proper 100% working image, but given a choice. If I could afford it, I'd rather have the Duo.

Hit the nail on the head!

if you read the last image report from tm you can see they will fix zapping
as a beta tester I have tested zapping today and compare to vu+duo it is faster or as good as.
they are working very hard to finish this image but some members can not wait :::: testing and comparing without reading messages provided in download centre .I have this feeling when this is image done will be much better than dream pli and vu+dou.

below is the message from download link

in the next image bellow will be fixed
1-Zapping time
2-Remote response
3-in some channel there is audio thick
4-AC3
5-warning message ..while waiting to process a function
6-skin compatibility to stop hang-up

Last edited by a moderator:
and yes they are still fixing existing problems dont they?There are almost up to 8-9 fixes on vuo+ image ,and remember that it has been on market long before TM.Just wait and see.You did probably forgot how many YEARS it took for DM whit their first entry reciever on the market ?DB7000 with a blue display!!!

And cubo recievers (hd)still struggling to make a good e2 on their boxes,and kathrein and still one of the best reciever around(hardware)reel box!TM made a great entrance to this world and i will and want to be a part of it

regards

Back