tm600 master code for parental lock ?

alex123

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi
does anyone know if there is a master code to change parental lock
one of my mates aunty jessie had to get an installer in to realign his motorised dish the installer was also in the settings ,any last week he tried to update polsat channels went into menu and normal 0000 would not let him into settings the installer reckons he can come back to update channels but also comes with a £50 + his time
looks like he has reset password to make sure of future work ,anyway of changeing this without reflashing box

Last edited:
And the reason why we should impart information to someone who admits that he is a trader and making money from our hobby is?

Regards

Liam

why m8 allready had my fingers wrapped for advertising i sold a guy a tm600 thats my business been doing it for 15 years ,not with clines just unprogrammed box am just asking a simple question in a tm linux forum
but just forget it
alex

why m8 allready had my fingers wrapped for advertising i sold a guy a tm600 thats my business been doing it for 15 years ,not with clines just unprogrammed box am just asking a simple question in a tm linux forum
but just forget it
alex

Well then you should be able to work out where abouts in the filesystem its stored,ftp is your friend ;)

well as you are so smart tell me how i can ftp to a box in a house that dont have internet ? am only asking a simple question is there a master code for remote .
and as far as being a trader well am listed on tm site as a tm dealer and no not looking for customers i recently closed my website as dont want new customers due to the distance selling rules ,cc fraud etc just not worth the hassle ,so closed my website . and just deal with my regular customer and happy with my lot
alex

people seem to forget sometimes that if nobody sold boxes they wouldnt be able to get them, everyone has to buy from somewhere. so basically there wouldn't be a hobby without traders, much as some people seem to have problems with them. having said that advertising here isn't allowed.

alex helps anyone that posts asking for help when he knows the answer and i haven't heard anything bad about him, i hope that if he has a question that other members would help him in return

thanks m8 but dont think it will help as the guy who has the box does not have a pc , am just trying to save him money so he can update his channels without have to pay cash to the guy who changed pin code , the box is in ireland so i cant update for him without have to post box back and forward ,
i thought perhaps there was a master pin code as some boxes do have them
but he is currenty going through all the codes last i heard he was at 1500 LOL
but thanks anyway
alex

Last edited by a moderator:
can he not just ring the guy and ask him what code he put into his remote? worth a shot :)

just say something like you appear to have changed my password, whats the new one so i can change it back. and if the guy refuses to say, tell him well i wont be recommending your services to anyone then, and in fact will tell all my friends not to use you.

Hi Eva
he has done that installer says he would have to come out £50 call out plus his hourly rate and says it should still be 0000 but he can fix it as must be faulty
alex

how can it be faulty if the installer just used it? rip off! i take it that there is no time frame guarantee on his work then. if he came out probs something else would stop working!

maybe digi might have some ideas for you, if anyone would know about these boxes he would.

well as you are so smart tell me how i can ftp to a box in a house that dont have internet ? am only asking a simple question is there a master code for remote .
and as far as being a trader well am listed on tm site as a tm dealer and no not looking for customers i recently closed my website as dont want new customers due to the distance selling rules ,cc fraud etc just not worth the hassle ,so closed my website . and just deal with my regular customer and happy with my lot
alex

people seem to forget sometimes that if nobody sold boxes they wouldnt be able to get them, everyone has to buy from somewhere. so basically there wouldn't be a hobby without traders, much as some people seem to have problems with them. having said that advertising here isn't allowed.

The only problem I have with people selling boxes is that they should be able to offer complete support,which alex123 cant seem to do,although I do realise he did not change the password which has caused the problem,

but having said that a quick search led me to this thread

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1049620/

although most people who have anything more then just a passing interest in these boxes would/should already know this :)

Your customer should be able to do this providing tuxbox commander is installed on the box

@eva you should know me better then that!

Last edited by a moderator:
wiz
so everyone should by boxes from tm and not tm authorised dealers ?
i can fix his box no problem if i had it but its over in ireland ,i know how to use the search engine and did
am just asking I simple question to help an old guy out from ireland who has been conned by an installer ,

look, at the end of the day alex is just trying to help out a pensioner that lives in a different country, and wiz i know you are always very helpful and do your best for everyone.

i know some people have opinions regarding trading etc but i would appreciate if they could be kept out of this thread as the focus here is and should be on the old guy in cork.

can you explain how much of a problem it is alex, i mean are lots of the channels locked with the parental lock, or is it just more of an annoyance for him?

wiz
so everyone should by boxes from tm and not tm authorised dealers ?
i can fix his box no problem if i had it but its over in ireland ,i know how to use the search engine and did
am just asking I simple question to help an old guy out from ireland who has been conned by an installer ,

Ok I dont want to get into a slagging match here,
I offered you a solution and all you can do is continue to moan,
how about trying to see if its of any use first!

to be perfectly honest guys if Alex didn't use the word customers in not just this but other posts members wouldn't get so touchy

its well known DW has never allowed or encouraged any kind of traders,we have never even used sponsors on the forum

just my opinion :)

problem solved the guy has found code it had been changed to 6969 from standard 0000
yes am sorry i used customer instead of m8 it was a typo
thanks to everyone who helped and thanks for the pms and offers of help at cork
many thanks alex

Reactions: J
Alex glad u got it sorted m8
And thAnks for a loan of that tuner
To test my 800 , at least I know that was problem now.

I think people are getting confused with the "trader" word. Nothing wrong with "traders" in the sense that buy in bulk and sell standard recievers...people got to buy equipment from somewhere.

It's "traders" in the sense that sell pre-configured boxes with included C-lines and password protect, lock down the box settings so end users cant manually change any settings and have to pay the "trader" a fee for any support issues. These guys are money grabbing tossers...that make a mockery of the hobby.

Reactions: J
Back