Tm600 excessivly getting hot

ks33

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI i have tm 600 with 250gb hdd installid inside box is working fine apart from getting realy hot even the hdd is very hot if you select hdd sometime the box locks up is there anything i can do to reduce the heat Thanks in advance

if these boxes have a usb port you could buy 1 of them cheap usb laptop coolers, work a treat!

fitting a small internal fan may be a good idea if its getting hot to the point of overheating and failing

you can get twin fan attachments that will plug into the hdd molex adaptor and blow cold air over the hdd aswellas circulating it around the receivers internal space as well

Is it a 2.5 or a 3.5" drive that your using? Also what speed is it? I have a says 2.5" 320gb connected internally with idb adaptor and I've never noticed any heat issues.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Is it a 2.5 or a 3.5" drive that your using? Also what speed is it? I have a says 2.5" 320gb connected internally with idb adaptor and I've never noticed any heat issues.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

i am using sata 250 gb harddrive(with adoptor) i will try cooling fan and see what difference it makes please can you tell how to check hdd speed and which is best thanks

Last edited:
Back