TM600 and router problem

sakiblateef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a dlkink router I use to host my server using my dreambox when I connect the TM600 to one of the spare ports on the router the channels don't clear but when I use the box on another router/broadband it works fine.

The router does assign the TM600 an ip but doesn't clear the channels. Any ideas on what settings I need to add/change in the router configuration settings?

I have a dlkink router I use to host my server using my dreambox when I connect the TM600 to one of the spare ports on the router the channels don't clear but when I use the box on another router/broadband it works fine.

The router does assign the TM600 an ip but doesn't clear the channels. Any ideas on what settings I need to add/change in the router configuration settings?

What port number did you try?
Try a different port. (if it was 1 or 4 previously)
Try a different cable.

Try changing the gateway IP to the external gateway IP rather than the internal.

Do not need to assign any ports mate the router should assign the ip to box which is does once that happens the receiver should clear the channels providing you have the c-line entered. Theres something within the router that is blocking the receiver from communicating with the Internet but I don't know what.

Tried changing cable and ethernet ports the problem is still there.

Do not need to assign any ports mate the router should assign the ip to box which is does once that happens the receiver should clear the channels providing you have the c-line entered. Theres something within the router that is blocking the receiver from communicating with the Internet but I don't know what.

Tried changing cable and ethernet ports the problem is still there.

when I said ports I meant rj45 sockets on the back (or front) of the router where you plug un ethernet cable.
Sometimes port (socket) 1 or 4 can be assigned as a crossflow for other uses.

dont rely on dhcp assigning correctly either make sure you check it

can YOU see the box internally when its on the router

just read your first post again,
you will need to ensure that whatever port is in your cline is open on the dlink.
If I remember all ports other than default ones are closed on a dlink at the factory

you might have to do a port redirect in/out to get it to work or DMZ the ip.

The port I've opened seems fine as other people can share from me but its when I connect the tm600 directly to the router it doesn't allow the box to communicate with the internet.

The only option I see is using DMZ but how do I go about enabling this?

The port I've opened seems fine as other people can share from me but its when I connect the tm600 directly to the router it doesn't allow the box to communicate with the internet.

Not having worked with a Dlink for a while I can't remember the menu layout but it should be in the same section as port forwarding

sounds like the 600 has a dns address line, if its on your internal netwrok, youll need to change this to an internal address like 192.168.1.6

if it works on a different router, just use the different router, no need to over complicate the issue really..

if it works when plugged into someone elses router its bacause its using the dns address to connect remotley, when internally, itll go out to the dns, and back into the same router, this confuses some routers as they know the traffic originated from within the network, yet the request is coming from outside

i got rid of my Dlink router years ago for this very reason

on box, disable dhcp, use a static IP.

on the router is doesnt work on, check what network address its using (ex : 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.0.0) also identify the routers network address.

some routers use 192.168.1.1 some use 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.0.254 and so on and so on.

on your box assign an ip address you like to it.

for instance.

ip : 192.168.1.140 (box ip, make sure no other device on network has it)
subnet mask : 255.255.255.0 (efault subnet mask for class c)
gateway : 192.168.1.1 (change this to your routers address)
dns : 192.168.1.1 (change this to your routers address unless you specifically need a different one for your network)

but again it could be a number of things, thats just the basic, always best to use a static IP on the box, or if your router supports it, ip address reservation by mac address.

anyhoo.

i`m a little confused by what youve said, as others have said, can you connect to the box internally? can you share internally?

DMZ on dlinks is normally under ADVANCED > DMZ

then just enter the ip address you have given the box and click save / apply / ok which ever.

this will drop it in the demilitarized zone, but remember all and every port will be open.

when you say other people can share from me, do you mean when you use the over box as the server?

what happens when you ask the TM600 to get an external IP? doe it display an external one?

Last edited:
If I assign a static ip its still preventing the receiver from communicating with the internet. I've also tried DMZ to no avail.

I think its a Dlink problem as Digi mentioned. I'm going to give it a last shot by updating the firmware to see if it makes any difference before reverting back to my Linksys router.

Back