TM600/500 ToneDeff's Blue Panel Server..

I only have a 256mb usb pen mate would that be enough for it?.
The HD im using is a 40gb 2.5" drive,formated to fat32 and i have also tried ntfs but still don't work.
I can record and stuff no problem with the drive im using it just wont install MV and its pissing me off now,i hate the weekepg.
I must be missing something here as i see lots of people are using it,it seems the path or something is not correct but i cant see anywhere else i selct the drive to use /MMC/ apart from in the my server/blue panel.
Ach someone tell me where im going wrong?

thx

Try the pen m8 it might be enough,my mv folder is only 9mb but I dont know if it uses anymore when its processing the epg data at first.

Tried the usb pen and still says error check space available.
Thx for the help anyway mate.
I might do a factory reset on the box and start from scratch,just wondering will i have to reflash the box agian after resetting it mate.
Or i might just give up altogether and be stuck with the crappy weekepg but i hate doing that as i never give in lol.

Tried the usb pen and still says error check space available.
Thx for the help anyway mate.
I might do a factory reset on the box and start from scratch,just wondering will i have to reflash the box agian after resetting it mate.
Or i might just give up altogether and be stuck with the crappy weekepg but i hate doing that as i never give in lol.

If you do a factory reset it puts the var folder back to default,so you lose your CCcam.cfg,channel lists and motor settings and basically any settings or plugins you have fiddled with or installed,but no you wont have to reflash,

Might be worth doing and remember you dont need to install weekepg now just MVepg and the weekepg log updater,

Lets know how it goes ;)

I haven't doen the factory reset yet but i did take the usb out and put it back inyo my pc and i see the MV folder it made.
Seems weird that it does recognise the usb and makes the folder but it wont install MV to it.

Actually watched some Tv for once on my TM600 and just realised, while in MV if you press "TV/RADIO" button twice on remote it brings up the "Enigma Favourites" channel list without exiting plugin so you can easily change bouquet that way... you can also press "Playlist" to hide the EPG then any button apart from the volume controls brings it back.

Last edited:
Added some options to check settings

"View Cron Jobs"
"View Auto-Start List"
"View CCcam.cfg"

and some other changes but can't remember what..

Edit:
+ DVBSnoop Scripts

Last edited:
Massive thanks to Tonedeff for this extreamly usefull blue panel, however in order to use the custom blue panel you need to update the UR image on the box to 14-08-10 or newer. Problem is that on these newer images there is a bug that when you change channels you have to restart the cam, so is everyone using this custom panel suffering from the restart cam at channel change issue that comes in the newer UR images or is there a way round this problem? Your help is appreciated

Massive thanks to Tonedeff for this extreamly usefull blue panel, however in order to use the custom blue panel you need to update the UR image on the box to 14-08-10 or newer. Problem is that on these newer images there is a bug that when you change channels you have to restart the cam, so is everyone using this custom panel suffering from the restart cam at channel change issue that comes in the newer UR images or is there a way round this problem? Your help is appreciated

I don't have to restart CCcam and anyone else i've spoke to doesn't either...

Last edited:
Added a new section to "MultiView EPG Options"

"Get BBC Radio EPG Data..."

Update "EPG Inputs/Channel Mapping/GUI conf.bin" for MV to get it working

i grab the data from http sources then convert into epgui.dat format used by MV.

select "Get EPG Data for BBC Radio" will download epgradio.dat from my server it's around 200KB so i don't mind hosting that just don't update to often ;P

i'll try my best to keep it updated but i'm not sure if i'll keep it on panel yet, let me know if any of you would use it.. also if people want i'll add option for cron script to keep it updated etc.

i'll deffinetly keep it updated for myself but not sure if i'll remember to upload to panel weekly, been trying to get BBC radio EPG on my TM600 for about a year, even rytec/radiotimes doesn't have it :p

i have tweaked the scripts used by MV/WeekEPGLog to be able to get 7 days EPG data for MV, from sat and without the "Segment Fault"

did it by removing all the +1 channels from channels.uk and then using MV mapping to use the normal channels EPG data just timeshifted by an hour.

i will try and figure a way to change the scripts on panel for it later, should be done by tonight or early hours tomorrow

Have Updated the MV installer and Panel Scripts, "MultiView" will now get full 7 days EPG data, all +1 channels now use timeshifted epg data

it uses "mv.channels.uk" as the epg list.
either reinstall MV or, Update from panel > Channel List > MV Channel Mapping > MV Day Amount

let me know if you start getting any errors updating EPG data...

Edit:
also added "xml2epg" to /var/bin/ in the MV installer for anyone that wants to import xml files into MV this is the best way i've found

Last edited:
Is anyone running a new version of gemini on a DM500, if so could you check if it's got " libncurses.so.5" in /lib/, trying to add "nano" editor

also anyone know why UR enigma images have configs for "Joe's Own Editor" in /etc/joe/, but don't seem to have any of the binaries for it... ?

also anyone know why UR enigma images have configs for "Joe's Own Editor" in /etc/joe/, but don't seem to have any of the binaries for it... ?

They probably dont know themselves m8 lol

added a new section "Scripts" > "Telnet Scripts"

just has one option at the moment to add "wakeup/standby" commands to telnet

/var/bin/wakeup & standby

so you can bring the box in and out of standby from telnet, the standby one has "is recording ?" check..

[UR Team /> standby
Is Recording...

[UR Team /> standby
Sleeping Now...

[UR Team /> standby
Already Sleeping...

[UR Team /> wakeup
Not Sleeping Anymore...

[UR Team /> wakeup
Already Awake...

Last edited:
While adding those scripts for Telnet i realised a better way to install/use scripts from panel

using the plugin installer to install them from tar.gz keeping the "755" but using a silent install so you don't end up with loads of entries in addon manager.

all scripts have now been changed to this method so i've removed the unneeded 755 options.

Also completely changed the way the startup script works.

it now runs any "script" within /var/startup/ using the "run-parts" command, but for some reason it doesn't run scripts with any extensions e.g wouldn't run "/var/startup/test.sh" but runs same script named "/var/startup/test"

if you want to add your own startup script you can check if it's going to be run by doing "run-parts -t /var/startup" in telnet or using the "View Auto-Start List" option in panel.

my startup scripts for zapstream and crond now get put into that dir so i can add/remove one or other from the Panel easier now, and if i add new scripts it will be simpler in future...

Last edited:
Is it possible to get this working on any DM500 images? I use technomates personally and have found your panel brilliant, but as DM500's are more or less the same machine (or seem to be to me) i think a lot of people with DM's would find this usefull if it could be made to work with them. Also is there a DM500 version of the UR image? i'v never seen one posted but if there isn't a dm500 ur image, why not? it is much better than any of the other DM500 images by far (in my opinion).

@stickybuds
A fair bit of it is UR enigma specific, dir structure and certain scripts e.g "extra_run" for startup,

i won't be supporting for anything other than a TM600/500 in the scripts and options etc.

i only really put this together for myself and decided to share when i had a "working" version, it's on a pretty limited host and would probably die if used by alot of people, especially bandwidth wise as that can cost...

OK, that's fair enough. I hope you didn't take my post as me complaining because i really wasn't. I am extreamly greatful to you for all the work you have put into this little blue panel server, I was getting very frustrated with this tm600 i have, it's next to useless without a decent working EPG and you have made it usefull for the first time in its life. And i don't use DM's anyway so i'm happy.

@stickybuds
A fair bit of it is UR enigma specific, dir structure and certain scripts e.g "extra_run" for startup,

i won't be supporting for anything other than a TM600/500 in the scripts and options etc.

i only really put this together for myself and decided to share when i had a "working" version, it's on a pretty limited host and would probably die if used by alot of people, especially bandwidth wise as that can cost...

Back