TM5402HD MK2 what is the best patch to use?

extraspark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,
My friend just got a TM5402HD MK2. I have the first version and have stuck with 117 patch. Been reading around regarding the phantom patch for the MK2 box and some people say 110,109 are ok but in another post 101 is the best to be used mainly with ccam.
I put 110 and 109 on but it seems a bit too glitchy to me compared to the MK1 box with same setup etc.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the update, I am currently running 109 but it appears to be glitchy when I compare it to the mk1 with 117 patch and all settings the same so might try 110

Strange then! I wonder what could be causing the difference. I will see what happens and report back.

Strange then! I wonder what could be causing the difference. I will see what happens and report back.

use whatever is best/most stable for you with your provider,regards mdt

use whatever is best/most stable for you with your provider,regards mdt

Thanks for that. I will start at the beginning then and have a look fortunately there are only 10 patches and I Have done 2 so another 8 to go.

Just a quick update, been through the 10 patches and now settled on 109. Seems to be the most stable for me at the moment and the constant glitching that was occurring has now stopped. So my friend is now happy.
Thanks for all the feedback and advice regarding patches.

Hi extraspark

Does it work OK for HD recording? I am trying to determine whether the periodic glitches and early termination of HD recording I suffer a patch or media related. I suspect the patch as I have been testing my removable medal and the chosen one should support the necessary bandwidth.

Rob

Hi extraspark

Does it work OK for HD recording? I am trying to determine whether the periodic glitches and early termination of HD recording I suffer a patch or media related. I suspect the patch as I have been testing my removable medal and the chosen one should support the necessary bandwidth.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I had no issues with recording, although I have noticed with the Technomate that if you press record it will record according to the epg listing on 28.2E. i.e. if you recorded the 6pm news and just pressed record at 6pm it would only record for 30mins. I now record using the timer option if I can. But the patch works fine apart from that.
Hope it helps I think 1.07 was also a good patch if I remember when going through testing each one.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I installed 109 for the M2 and the addon2 file but nothing seems to work any differently ( i did it yesterday ) on my box.
Pressing 2004 on system menu or the 8281 seem to do nothing. How do I know if the patch worked ? All of the messages seemed to say it was being loaded OK . Sorry to be a simpleton lol but I am a janner :)

Pressing 2004 in the system menu turns the addon off to switch it back on do the reverse come out of the menu and on any channel press 8281 to get the server menu up

this ones for you m8 lol....you can also press menu,information and if in the sub menu you are faced with cas menu and biss menu then your box is patched and switched on. if all you get is the TM address its not patched,regards mdt

Thank you. Tried repatching and your advice worked - loaded the channel list also. Now to work out how softcam works! I noticed that Eurosport 1 and 2 on 9E , which I was able to view yesterday is scrambled today. Maybe they had a "free" weekend ???

Hi Janner
Swing your dish round to 7e and put in these few transponders, 11533v 29999, 11365h 29999,10803v 29999, 11678h 29999, 11470h 29999. Then check the channels against the softcam, if every thing has gone to plan these should clear.

Den

Back