TM5402 frozen issue

damiensk

Inactive User
Reaction score
issues with my TM5402, im sure its the MK1 version.

once it powers up, it lasts about 5 seconds before it freezes, i dont mean picture freeze.
i mean it doesnt do anything, whatever is on the screen it stays on it.
it doesnt even get to a programme on the screen, its that quick in freezing up.
The only thing i get after that is the number/letter 0 on the lcd display and nothing else

havnt a clue what software version it is, as i dont get that long, so i cant update anything.

any help, with thanks

I had that issue a few years ago, I had to force it into reboot mode and do a factory rest ,a bit of a pain but it worked, I can't remember exactly how to force it something like turn it on and hold the front power button for 30 seconds I'm sure other more knowledgeable members will tell you how
Good luck

Turn the TM 5402 'Off' using the power switch on the rear of the receiver... then press and hold down the 'Menu' button on the front of the receiver as you switch the TM 5402 back 'On' using the power switch on the rear of the receiver... you will then see the 'Loader Menu' on screen... try the 'Factory Reset' option on the list and see what happens... also try the 'USB Download' option...

Switch the TM 5402 HD OFF using the power switch on the rear of the receiver... insert the USB Flash Drive into the receiver as normal... then press and hold down the POWER BUTTON on the front of the receiver as you switch the TM 5402 HD back ON using the power switch on the rear of the receiver... continue to press and hold down the POWER BUTTON until you see the BOOT LOADER MENU on the TV screen... then release the POWER BUTTON... you will see two options for loading firmware/files... however the BOOT LOADER program usually scans the USB Flash Drive and downloads the latest/most recent firmware automatically...

Make sure you have only tm fw on usb.

Maybe try original TM fw

Thanks to Zorch

Back