TM500 - switches to black and white pic?

Moriens

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys, (warning...incoming wall of text ;) )

Every now and then, usually when channel hopping, my TM500 will drop onto black and white. If I restart UR it remains the same, if I soft restart the TM it remains the same, I can only reset it by cycling the power (turning it off and on again ;)). Once it's switched to b&w, it persists no matter what channel I select.

I can usually predict when it's gonna do it, I can't quite explain it, but I'll try lol...

For instance... I have some music channels in my 28.8E bouquet, the likes of Scuzz, Q, Clubland... they have more than likley been part of someone elses bouquet rather than my own scanned channels. On occasion, (ie not every time) if i select one, the picture seems to break up a bit, flashing from colour to b&w, eventually finishing on b&w. It's not limited to those channels either.

It started just after I installed the UR 060809 image, so I reverted back to my previous image, but to no avail.

I guess at the moment I'm persevering/putting up with something that I should probably flag to TM and get a new un, but... what do you reckon?

I get this with UR 14/10/2009 with my TM500 - everything is b/w even menus - but only when connecting thru UHF - output from scarts is OK, swapping channels seems to return it back to colour most times.

Last edited:
Did you get this sorted Tim_UK? I have a similar problem, picture goes brown / blue and white, channel changing also slows down when the picture problem occurs. The only way to remedy the problem is power off, the fault may reoccur within minutes or days, I have not noticed a pattern. Anyone else any experience or advise? Using TM500 with UR 02_07_2009 image.

the fault seems to have disappeared by itself - at the time the set was new and I was doing a lot of messing about - loading images, scanning, trying cams etc.

Now the set is just left on all the time (with the same 14/10 UR) and all has been fine.

Thanks Tim_UK, going to try another image this evening and see if that makes any diff.

Back