Important, correct way to format an SSD and it improves performance.

Keniakol

New Member ++
Reaction score
Considerations before formatting an SSD
Back up important data first

Make sure you select Quick Format
If you're used to formatting your hard disk drive (HDD), you'll notice that formatting an SSD is slightly different.
That is why it is important to make sure that the Quick Format checkbox is checked before formatting an SSD, otherwise it may shorten the life of the SSD.
NEVER defrag an SSD
This process should not be performed under any circumstances on SSD drives. Firstly, because they are fast units that access information quickly and it is not necessary.

Enable TRIM to maintain SSD performance
How to activate in Windows
1. windows search
2. We write the command «cmd«
3. The CMD will appear and we will click with the right mouse button, selecting “Run as administrator“
4. On the screen that will open, we will write the command: fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify
5. Now we press the Enter on our keyboard (we will not close the window yet)
If the result is "0", it means that TRIM is correctly activated on your computer. Now we can close the window without problems.

I hope it helps you, greetings.

I better stop formatting now, i used to enjoy that ,,thinking my drive got quicker after.

Enable TRIM to maintain SSD performance
How to activate in Windows
1. windows search
2. We write the command «cmd«
3. The CMD will appear and we will click with the right mouse button, selecting “Run as administrator“
4. On the screen that will open, we will write the command: fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify
5. Now we press the Enter on our keyboard (we will not close the window yet)
If the result is "0", it means that TRIM is correctly activated on your computer. Now we can close the window without problems.

I hope it helps you, greetings.

TRIM is automatically enabled on windows since windows 7, the command above does not enable to but instead just tells you if it is enabled

Back