TM500 Super re-flash/password reset

Also....

I was looking at ways to update images wirelessly. I looked at mini web but when i put in the box IP address I get a grey screen with a blue UR in the corner and a number of menus but not like the ones i've seen in the tutorials . why is this? why is it not the standard mini web? can i still update images with the version i have?

Thanks

Also....

I was looking at ways to update images wirelessly. I looked at mini web but when i put in the box IP address I get a grey screen with a blue UR in the corner and a number of menus but not like the ones i've seen in the tutorials . why is this? why is it not the standard mini web? can i still update images with the version i have?

Thanks

try switching off the box with the power switch at the back then switch power switch back on while holding down the standby button on the front. Hold standby button down until 2 numbers appear on the display at the front of the box. Then try connecting to it via your browser (while the 2 numbers are still displayed) and you should get the mini web interface.

try switching off the box with the power switch at the back then switch power switch back on while holding down the standby button on the front. Hold standby button down until 2 numbers appear on the display at the front of the box. Then try connecting to it via your browser (while the 2 numbers are still displayed) and you should get the mini web interface.

Great advice....thanks very much

Also piemagic,

i commented on your thread RE: topboxes ....where did you get your bouquets from? and what program do i need to download them?

Cheers

Well, I thought it is possible to execute commands in tuxbox commander ?
Indeed opasswd is not embedded in the os on Linux Tm boxes ...

Here are the config keys for tuxcommander.

• How are the Keys configured?

left/right: left/right window
    up/down: previous/next Entry
    Volume -/+: one page up/down
    ok: select the highlighted file/directory
    1: Change Properties of the selected file
    2: Rename selected file
    3: View selected File
    4: Edit selected File
    5: copy selected File from one window into the other
    6: move selected File from one window into the other
    7: create new directory in selected window
    8: delete selected file
    9: create a new file
    0: create symbolic link to the selected file in the other window
    red: execute Linux commando
    gree: mark/unmark the file
    yellow: Sort files different
    blue: Refresh Window
    mute: change transparent mode
    dbox: Main Menu or Version Info

• How can I now edit the file?

left/right: move Position
    up/down: swap letters
    ok: Confirm
    volume +: add new letter
    volume -: remove letter
    red: delete entry
    green: change into mark mode
    yellow: Capital/Lower case
    blue: copy text from clipboard
    0..9: text selection like TXT Style on your mobile
  • What are the different colours in the Directories?

white: Directory
    orange: shortcuts
    yellow: Entry has execute rights
    grey: Entry has write rights
    green: Entry has read rights

Or you could try this make 2 new files in /var/etc
passwd
root:$1$$a/H3O7Gxc.2w21w4XZrCJ0:0:0::/:/bin/sh
sshd:*:65532:65534::/:/bin/false
ftp:*:65533:65534::/:/bin/false
nobody:*:65534:65534::/:/bin/false

passwd-
root:$1$$qRPK7m23GJusamGpoGLby/:0:0::/:/bin/sh
sshd:*:65532:65534::/:/bin/false
ftp:*:65533:65534::/:/bin/false
nobody:*:65534:65534::/:/bin/false

the loginpass for root would be in this scenario : test1234

I would give it a try ?

Last edited:
have managed to get it working okay thanks. Plan to use ToneDeffs blue panel server on my tm500 (UR image).....just a quick question....what is the root and the password now that I have done a quick factory reset so that i can connect using ftp?

Thanks

went to do a factory reset today but it asked me for a pin code same for full factory reset, i know the box was PW protected but didnt think it would be for the reset or is this just a standard pin code and not one that he set before i recieved it (tm800hd)

Attachments

• tmpc.JPG
    tmpc.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
was this a pre-configured box with line already in when you got it and if so does your line still work.

went to do a factory reset today but it asked me for a pin code same for full factory reset, i know the box was PW protected but didnt think it would be for the reset or is this just a standard pin code and not one that he set before i recieved it (tm800hd)

i got it from topboxes so not working anymore as they seemed to of dropped off the face of the earth so im guessing that they set it up but didnt know if there was a defualt pin

If the line is no good best bet is a total reflash with the latest image. Images and guides are here. Technomate software online If you are unsure about anything get back to us lots of peeps let down by Bob Bobalot on here.

If the line is no good best bet is a total reflash with the latest image. Images and guides are here. Technomate software online If you are unsure about anything get back to us lots of peeps let down by Bob Bobalot on here.

thanks cuebase was able to put a dw image on it from the list and that has removed the pin but unlike the video that digidude did on youtube i didnt seem to have to set anything up with the remote so have i done something wrong or am i meant to of done something else?

yea i seem to get that impression that im not the only one in the boat since bob left the building and my misus has not let me hear the end of it either lol!

So you have a new image on there now did you download a Chanell file yet . What stage are you at at what do you want to achieve.

Back