TM500 : Problem with EPG pinned down to imported channel list, PLEASE FIX THIS

wolftje

DW Regular +
Reaction score
TM500 : TvVl Problem with EPG pinned down to imported channel list, PLEASE FIX THIS

This is about tv vlaanderen en Nederland digitaal ...

Bon, I have been raging about this for several months now ....

When I import my channellist from Enigma1 Gemini dm600pvr box with dreamboxedit and export towards my TM500 it seems that the EPG of the TM500 is having troubles somewhere with the EPG...

When I rescan for example a tv vlaanderen frequency like 12722H Astra 19,2E.
I have several new found channels and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
the epg starts working right away on those newly scanned channels.....
I have even 1 week of EPG to view !!!!!! (LIST or Graph EPG)

THERE is bug somewhere in there. My DM600(latest gemini, no MHW EPG) does not have a problem with that channellist...(included in thread)

For the Love of god I'm not gonna rescan my fully functional satellite list which works fine with EPG on dm600 / tm1000 / tm5000 / tm6000 / dm800 / DM7020 / DM7025. So there you have it...

The problem is, with the latest tm500 ur image and past versions there is minimal EPG information on the bottomp
of the screen in the pers channel list i'm using but not on the info button or with the EPG button.... Useless !

Im getting PISSED off with this TM linux receivers nothing but trouble ...
YEAH of course it reads my smartcard nicely and yes the cardhsaring works fine but besides that it is pretty useless compared towards a DM500S.

if this is not fixed soon no other option exists but to sell it for 25 euro towards whoever wants this box on the forum here with a proper explanation WHY i am selling my tm500.

I have been a very understanding member and i'm still but some faults need to be fixed NOW.(the widescreen 16:9 bug ???)

I have included my channellist for who wants to test my problem.
I'm using UR image from may 2010 which I could download by internet in the extra settings menu on my TM500.

I have also used this channel list on a new tm600 at a friends place. SAME SHITTY EPG problem with the EPG as well the problem with the widescreen 16:9.

I must be doing worng OR it must be solved somehow...

Astra 1 - Astra 2 - Astra 3 - Hotbird
Tv Vlaanderen - nederland digitaal - FTA - English FTA sky - BIS - XXX ) Via access

Also another thing, when you reinstall a channellist the older one is not erased , very strange UNLESS
I go delete the files myself by using TELNET session and at the end giving the 'sync' command and 'reboot' command.

NOT very userfriendly i guess ? I noticed this box is far from open source linux . it is a closed Linux environment where every command and Lib is removed which could be usefull to some of us ... Anyway give me some hope will ya ?

Last edited:
As I am studying the problem further the problem seems to be that when exporting / importing channel lists some information about
NID(Network ID) & TID(Transponder Id)gets lost as well as the provider package name, as a result the namespace number seems incorrect as well.
Anyway when fiddling with NID/TID & Namespace i can get my EPG back at once for some channels.... BUT

on Gemini DM600PVR/TM1000/TM5000/TM6000 it is not a problem at all with the same channel list. without fiddling ...

So this means that on Dreambox & TM , They are both reading the NID/TID/SID/... directly from the satellite stream thus not having any problem with EPG.

So there you have it.The problem in its detail. Can you please do something about it ? We all get damm crazy about this tm linux receivers.

Hi wolftje,
I to have some issues with the EPG on the TM-600, but mostly now and next not changing/updating after a recording, it has stayed displaying the same programme for over 5hrs before restarting enigma cleared it. Also it does not display the EPG for Dubai one on 26E when my TM-5400 does (there is an epg for this channel on this sat)

Wolftje, what version of DBedit do you use?

Alun

Last edited:
I use latest version Dbedit 3.0.0.0
Also using latest Clarke tech 3.13 for exporting my Technomate Channel list 5000/6000 series into Enigma1 or Enigma2 format.

Dreambox Gemini & Duolabs Qboxhd is not having any problem whatso-ever with my channellist concerning EPG information.
Only UR-Image ...

Wolftje,
DBedit v3 has some issues with the TM-600,
Try DBedit v2. as this seems to work much better than the v3 with TM's
give it a try and let us know

Wolftje,
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you mate, but i and others on this forum have had issues with DBedit V3 on TM-500/600's and DBedit V2 seems to work out ok.
Still it was worth a try

Back