TM500 not picking up all sky channels

coolercoats

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have scanned Astra sat and picked up a load of sky channels but I have the feeling I am not getting everything I should. Does anyone have an idea how many channels should be picked up on a normal sky dish? I am picking up around 550 channels but seem to be missing all sky movies except box office channels, no sky news or sky sports news? Does this suggest any issue with dish alignment or something else I am missing.

try updating your satellites.xml file. Lots of posts on here telling you how to do it.

cheers will try out...is it best to update the .xml file via control centre? any tuts on how to do this as I have not used this as yet.

Can I suggest you sit down for a day and play about with the TM - all the info is on here, just use the search facility if you need more info.

as for you updating your XML file try here

and for the record you should be getting almost 1000 channels on 28.2 east

best to use blue pannel and download channels direct into your box or better still use tonndeafs server and download his channels ,if you then get no signal from your missing channels then you need to check out your dish or test your box on a known working dish to eliminate a tuner problem with your box

Am picking up around 680 channels now, used a test c:line with ccam2.1.1 and was getting sports/kids packages but movies still showing scrambled channel & some channels showing switch:incorrect data?? Any ideas?

that would suggest to me that its a signal issue, check the snr on the channels that dont work see what your getting, did you also update to the latest channel list.

were the 680 ch done by scan or downloaded if scan you have a problem with your dish as been stated you should have around 1000 ch ,i did say download a ch list and you could tell if your getting a good signal from channels not clearing by the signal strengh (press info button ),it could be you have a crap cline
i would factory reset choose single sat ie 28 and download captain flip flops channel list via ur server direct into box so you can check out your signal strength or even better choose my server and use tonedeafs channel list
if you dont know how to get to downloads you press blue button twice

Cheers lads - was a single sat scan with capt flip flops list ftp'd via dreambox edit along with the latest .xmls file. List went in okay but as stated the scan only picked up 600 odd channels. Will I still be able to obtain the signal strength from scrambled channels if ccam is not clearing them?

press info button on remote
ps its very rare to have a faulty tm tuner

snr on the sports channels 86 but only 22 on movie channels. Does it sound like dish alignment issue?

Back