TM500 Diseqc help

Dwaine85

Inactive User
Reaction score
Have jus got my tm500 up and running but have hit a snag wit my diseqc switch. Basically the set up I have is a satellite at 28.2E and a satellite at 13.0E which also picks up 19.2E I believe through a diseqc switch of some sort. I have both cables running too the receiver and put into a 2 way diseqc switch hoping to pick up all channels from both satellites. Unfotunately my diseqc is only picking up whatever feed i attach to LNB 1.

1) Will the diseqc switch not work because the satellite at 13.0E already has a diseqc switch

2) Is it more likely that the diseqc switch is faulty

3) Or can anyone offer advice on the correct set up on the receiver to pick up both satellites?

sounds like you have a mono block lnb on the dish that picks up 13e and 19e this allready has a diseqc switch in it so i do not think you can connect this to another diseqc switch conecting to your 28e dish.
to do this there are two ways but individual lnbs on the dish for 13e and 19e and then connect to diseqc switch with the lnb from your 28e dish.
or run both cables inside the house to an a/b switch the a cable from the a/b switch to the tm 500 you would then manually control through the switch wheather you wanted to watch 13e /19e or 28e by pushing the button on the switch to select one or the other .
if you look on the bay for an a/b satellite switch you will see what i mean

I c wat you mean. To set up the manual feed what way should I set up the disqec settings on the tm500? Should I set it up as 2 way with astra 28 e and hotbird 13 e etc or set it up with the 4 way setting and enter the 3 sat feeds?

Hi Dwaine85,

A monoblock usually switches on toneburst signal, as well as on diseqc command.
In diseqc protokol, first the diseqc commands are given (and repeated, if so ordered), eventually followed by the toneburst signal.

This means: You can have the 2/1 diseqc relais to choose between 28E and the monoblock (13E+19E). Toneburst then switches the monoblock.

In your receiver: set 28E on diseqc A,
and set 13E on diseqc B with Toneburst ON, and 19E on diseqc B with Toneburst OFF (or vice versa, I don't know how your monoblock wants it).

This should work! No other switches needed.

A33

Back