Tm-twin-oe

Re: TM-twin_DdV3.2-beta_W-bootloader_and_splashscreen.rar

@ Lata
It has been suggested that I was having a go at you. This was not the case. If you feel this way, I would like to apologise to you.

Anyway, back to your question.......
Is CCcam already installed?
Which part of the software do you want to configure?

i was going to post this observation of mine privatley to a select few, but thought 'nah sod it' and am going to post it in the open

DW has changed, MASSIVLEY, and it saddens me to say this, as if i got sliced up like ham, its say DW on every slice of me, but its changed for the worse, and threads like this show just how bad its gotten

do an advanced search, and only look at posts older than 5 or 6 years

if a member had started a thread like this back then 'i have a new receiver and the software on it is one that nobody else has which i dint think im meant to have' he would have been swamped with posts from members, all trying to HELP him get that image backed up, if it meant 65 pages of baby steps to do it, thats what would have been done, so that this 'unreleased' image could be tried out by others, even if it was unfinished and full of bugs, just so members could proudly say 'i tried that before it was even available'

TBH its quite sad that so many people are now so quick to jump on any excuse to flame things, this member could have been the ideal opportunity for others to see just how much progress has been made in the ViX images, if those who know a little more than the member who asked for help were prepared to guide him through the (possibly) simple image backup procedure

5 years ago he would have been the luckiest satellite receiver owning son of a b1tch to have a golden nugget like that fall into his lap

today, hes a victim?

:(

Last edited:

I agree instead of anyone offering to help they all jump and screaming you shouldnt have that image, change it to x y or z otherwise your not going to get any support! What sort of attitude is that?! Has anyone actually bothered to answer the ops original post 7 pages on?

I have to disagree a little
I dont think DW has changed
I think the members have changed tbh, I think they are sad of seeing people having so many problems with there receivers in this particular section, even when they ask for help and post feedback it dont seem welcomed https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/288448/

if you look over in other sections like the dreambox section members help each other out without any problems :)

DW isnt at fault

Last edited by a moderator:

Nothing is ever down to DW as its just the site that hosts all these members views and opinions etc. The difference is now some members feel its right to demand action and go around telling others what to do which isnt right. If I go buy a TWIN from TM now (which I cant cus im skint lol) and if it comes with beta image so be it, as the first thing im going to do is back up that image and probably try online update and probably brick my box but so what, thats I like to do iv destroyed much more valuable things just to see what happens and im sure eventually I will get it sorted with the help of the members on here.

BTW I got the week off work so my post will most likely be longer than usual :p

Nothing is ever down to DW as its just the site that hosts all these members views and opinions etc. The difference is now some members feel its right to demand action and go around telling others what to do which isnt right. If I go buy a TWIN from TM now (which I cant cus im skint lol) and if it comes with beta image so be it, as the first thing im going to do is back up that image and probably try online update and probably brick my box but so what, thats I like to do iv destroyed much more valuable things just to see what happens and im sure eventually I will get it sorted with the help of the members on here.

BTW I got the week off work so my post will most likely be longer than usual :p

The fact of the matter is this receiver is in the public domain and those users who do receive the beta image may not be as advanced as you are, if their receiver is "bricked" by performing a online update who do you think then gets the flack for that ? ViX thats who. We test our receivers and sometimes damage them so that you dont have to. personally i dont care if you have the beta image or not but why should our reputation suffer if a customers receiver is "bricked" by a unreleased beta image ?.

I think in a way you are all right,
I almost had the same problem, but in the end most of my answers came from DW
I would offer any help I could, but fear I do not have the knowledge
Lots of members have that know how and will offer that help
That's the way I've found it and that's the way I hope it stays
What put me off when I got my Twin was reading somewhere that it had duel operating system
Which you, could boot into. I just thought I was out of my depth
Ive since found the Twin a very easy box to work with, I've transfer files through filezilla
Changed my Channel list with Dreambox edit
And got my tuners sorted with the help of Digidude
So I thank you all, keep up the good work

The fact of the matter is this receiver is in the public domain and those users who do receive the beta image may not be as advanced as you are, if their receiver is "bricked" by performing a online update who do you think then gets the flack for that ? ViX thats who. We test our receivers and sometimes damage them so that you dont have to. personally i dont care if you have the beta image or not but why should our reputation suffer if a customers receiver is "bricked" by a unreleased beta image ?.

If user does happen to brick their box im sure there will be someone on here who can help them sort it if not they can get it swapped from TM as they are UK trading company and the item will have 1 year warranty. The owner should get a direct replacement. I cant comment on why boxes are being sent out with beta images as it has nothing to do with me but all I am saying is shit sometimes happen but its not the end of the world like some are making it out to be.

The thing is not to frighten this member away, if he has problems and needs help it should be forth coming
either from DW or from TM then he may just share his solutions with everyone
Then we will all be wiser.

I know from experience that this receiver can be bricked.
The box I have here no longer works in E2 mode because I was playing with images and now it's stuffed in E2 mode.
Untested images should not be given to newbies as it's a recipe for disaster, if it's a vix beta it will be vix that get the stick not tm.

Can I have your box? You never know I might send it back working or worst case I will cover postage and send it back the way it is.

Guys i have spoken to TM to today and said that i have problem with connection on Hd to scart or vice versa and they said that is right stable software for that particular model and should not be changed as it will void the warranty of the box.

Of course the CCcam is missing in the , as i have checked through FTp in Var,Etc .

Can I have your box? You never know I might send it back working or worst case I will cover postage and send it back the way it is.

It's not my box to pass on it belongs to tm.
I had it for beta testing and tested it to destruction.
Believe me if it could be recovered then I would have done it.
Next time i'm over that way I will pop it back into the shop.

Guys i have spoken to TM to today and said that i have problem with connection on Hd to scart or vice versa and they said that is right stable software for that particular model and should not be changed as it will void the warranty of the box.

<snip>
I find that disgusting, you have an unstable beta image that you cannot change.
The whole point of an E2 box is that you can update/change the image on the box.

Of course the CCcam is missing in the , as i have checked through FTp in Var,Etc .

As your using a Enigma 2 based receiver it's /ETC not VAR/ETC as with Enigma 1 receivers. and yes you need to manually install Cams as we do not provide them in the ViX image either pre-installed or via the Server to install remotely.

did you explain to TM that you had a box with a Beta ViX image on ?

Hang on a sec its a open source box so you can put any image you like on it if not then its not fit for purpose and get on to consumer direct and they will soon change their attitude. Muppets.

i was going to post this observation of mine privatley to a select few, but thought 'nah sod it' and am going to post it in the open

DW has changed, MASSIVLEY, and it saddens me to say this, as if i got sliced up like ham, its say DW on every slice of me, but its changed for the worse, and threads like this show just how bad its gotten

do an advanced search, and only look at posts older than 5 or 6 years

if a member had started a thread like this back then 'i have a new receiver and the software on it is one that nobody else has which i dint think im meant to have' he would have been swamped with posts from members, all trying to HELP him get that image backed up, if it meant 65 pages of baby steps to do it, thats what would have been done, so that this 'unreleased' image could be tried out by others, even if it was unfinished and full of bugs, just so members could proudly say 'i tried that before it was even available'

TBH its quite sad that so many people are now so quick to jump on any excuse to flame things, this member could have been the ideal opportunity for others to see just how much progress has been made in the ViX images, if those who know a little more than the member who asked for help were prepared to guide him through the (possibly) simple image backup procedure

5 years ago he would have been the luckiest satellite receiver owning son of a b1tch to have a golden nugget like that fall into his lap

today, hes a victim?

:(

We are all guilty of this
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/287998/
The thread was aimed at you directly but no replys from yourself.
I know i'm guilty as well but if a thread was aimed directly at me I think I would at least make the time to comment on it.

We are all guilty of this
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/287998/
The thread was aimed at you directly but no replys from yourself.
I know i'm guilty as well but if a thread was aimed directly at me I think I would at least make the time to comment on it.

Thats a bit of a unfair dig isnt? Surely if users put your name in a thread title you shouldnt feel obliged to reply, its like constant PM from members. Remember most users have day jobs and other responsibilites.

Back