TM 6800HD Super problem switching satellites

CRJ343

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a TM6800HD Super with S/W version 7.47 installed.
It's linked to a TM sat motor driving a 1.2m dish
I basically view three satellites Astra 19.2E & 28.2E, Hotbird 13.0E, Nilesat 7.0W.

I've notice that I'm having a problem in locking onto channels when I change sats by selecting programmes which I have stored in Favourite lists. The dish itself moves OK but sometimes I need to powercycle the box (with remote) before I can receive a signal.
Interestingly if I switch between Nilesat and Hotbird which are on the same Favourites list I don't seem to have any problem.
I only seem to have snags switching from Nilesat or Hotbird (on one Favourites list) to Astra 28.2 (on another list)

Is this a software issue ?

Brgds
Chris - London UK

Thanks XXXXXX
In fact did a factory reset before installing TM's official 747 (I'd had a problem with the USB and thought that would cure ...in the end it was the Power Supply which was replaced in Edmonton.
So 748 should cure this ?
What does ON_002p do ?
Just remind me how I back up the channel list ..will this do my Favourites list as well ?
Will I have to refocus the dish on the various satellites or will that be "remembered" somewhere ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a TM6800HD Super with S/W version 7.47 installed.
It's linked to a TM sat motor driving a 1.2m dish
I basically view three satellites Astra 19.2E & 28.2E, Hotbird 13.0E, Nilesat 7.0W.

I've notice that I'm having a problem in locking onto channels when I change sats by selecting programmes which I have stored in Favourite lists. The dish itself moves OK but sometimes I need to powercycle the box (with remote) before I can receive a signal.
Interestingly if I switch between Nilesat and Hotbird which are on the same Favourites list I don't seem to have any problem.
I only seem to have snags switching from Nilesat or Hotbird (on one Favourites list) to Astra 28.2 (on another list)

Is this a software issue ?

Brgds
Chris - London UK

I had a similar (loosely related) problem with mine where I found the the dish would also stop moving as well of receiving no signal.

I took XXXXXX advice at the time to use 726p which cured that problem + PLTV glitching and its been sound ever since.

Sorry slightly off subject I notice you use a 1.2m Dish for Nilesat (7W?) from London I'm 50 miles up the road from you are you watching Premier League on ADT? what would be the strongest Transponder signal to test for? I'm on a 1.1 Dish so I pushing my luck but at the price of ADT subscription I would be willing to give it a try. I confess have not tried 7W only 26E which is a no no for me.

Rotana on 11296H is usually quite reliable. We can also get the MBC 1..4 channels (on a vertical transponder) but they seem to be misbehaving this morning !!!

Rotana on 11296H is usually quite reliable. We can also get the MBC 1..4 channels (on a vertical transponder) but they seem to be misbehaving this morning !!!

I thank you.... I'll try out later when my Mrs is not watching her daytime stuff.

Back