TM-5402 HD problems.....Help needed

dela77

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

Am a newbie into satellite receivers. I bought my first box TM5402HD ( on 28.2 Astra) 2 weeks ago, and I read a lot on this forum to get me started.
Now I seem to be having the following problems...
1. Most of my channels now freezes. Initially it was only few channels that freezes, when I had Phantom 118p,
2. I cant get National Geo, Fox news and some more channels.
3. When I change a channel, there's always a signal lost for about 1-2 seconds, then sometimes I get "scrambled channel" or "No or bad signal". I sometimes even get these for Free to Air channels when I installed a channel list from the download centre.

I had just followed a "how to guideline" by a member called Zorch, to reset the receiver and installed Phantom 120p but it didnt work. Also when I connect to play a youtube video, it says "loading" but it just go back without playing the video however it does play videos in hardstation 1 & 2.

Could somebody help me out please? thanks

PS. My receiver is connected to my broadband router by wireless bridge. 4gb usb memory stick connected to the back of the receiver. I had one trial cline from one cardsharing company and 3 clines from another, all connected at the same time.

Hi,

1) Welcome to the ever so unsatisfying world of commercial card sharing. Here's the truth, they're all crap. I bet the free to air channels aren't freezing? Try a selection of free channels and let us know.

2) Fox moved a few weeks ago. I think you just need to rescan.

3) I get a delay, but I dont think it's that long... Probably the delay is your crap provider?

Good luck

Phantom 118p Phantom 120p there's always a signal lost for about 3 seconds

i have no problems on patch116p for CCcam or NewcamD no freezes @ Download center

make sure you do factory reset

1)back up channel list
2)factory reset
3)load patch116p
4)factory reset
5) put back channellist

it can be as willu server using Hop2 Hop3 dont like it TM,or it can be ping on server.

Last edited:
To be honest I have two CCcam lines from friends and have very few glitches. A pay server will try and squeeze as many customers onto the server as possible causing unreliable connection and drop outs.

Had problems with freezing over wifi with an edimax bridge and edimax router, attached the box directly to the router and it solved a lot of issues for me. Still get the odd freeze for a few seconds, but, nothing major and get the signal lose when you change channel for a second or two, but, I think thats an issue with all tm5402's. My fathers is a different story, it freezes all the time and needs a reboot a few times a day as it'll say its connected to server, but do nothing, he's given up on it and asked me to have a look, tried firmwares from 117p to the latest and still the same, guessing the problems the addon.

i'm with a payservers all the time and working perfect most of the time ,make sure to set the ecm pids too this helps to reduce freezes and glitching have a read of this thread https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/267794/#post1974186 if after setting them you still have freezes it will be more then likely that you have a crap server, you get what you pay for and always read the reviews of other members of the server and avoid the new servers that offer specials they are there to get as much money as possible in a short time and then usually disappear .

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm with a payservers all the time and working perfect most of the time ,make sure to set the ecm pids too this helps to reduce freezes and glitching have a read of this thread https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/267794/#post1974186 if after setting them you still have freezes it will be more then likely that you have a crap server, you get what you pay for and always read the reviews of other members of the server and avoid the new servers that offer specials they are there to get as much money as possible in a short time and then usually disappear .

Read the other thread as suggested, but as usual maybe I'm not reading it all properly (as usual!! lol!!), but 'ECM PID' - how do you know which one to insert as suggested, where do you actually get it from please my very patient friends?:Dunce:

Had problems with freezing over wifi with an edimax bridge and edimax router, attached the box directly to the router and it solved a lot of issues for me. Still get the odd freeze for a few seconds, but, nothing major and get the signal lose when you change channel for a second or two, but, I think thats an issue with all tm5402's. My fathers is a different story, it freezes all the time and needs a reboot a few times a day as it'll say its connected to server, but do nothing, he's given up on it and asked me to have a look, tried firmwares from 117p to the latest and still the same, guessing the problems the addon.

signal lost for about 3 seconds issue with all 117p to 120p m8

i have no problems on patch116p

Read the other thread as suggested, but as usual maybe I'm not reading it all properly (as usual!! lol!!), but 'ECM PID' - how do you know which one to insert as suggested, where do you actually get it from please my very patient friends?:Dunce:
you will have to try as said in the thread wich one works the best with your server/share(or you could ask server for a prio.cccam list of his server but they don't always know what you be talking about with tm's) the ecm-pids depends on the server you are connected to( wich local or hop2/3 cards it has)

Probably not suitable for further discussion on the forum, but.. really? A perfect-most-of-the-time payserver?
In the interest of research I've tested a lot, and often the trials are fine, then usually disappointment once you sub. Perhaps we can discuss in pm?

Hi guys thanks so much for your quick response, I'll run through all your comments and update u in a few hours. cheers

I am also using a payserver and have no glitches or issues at all. I have a TM5402 just like yours, have patch 115 on it and I am wired direct to my router.
Ccam lines work just perfect. Don't know about other types of cam as I did not need to try other options.
My only issue is that I cannot get the stb daemon to communicate with box so I can transfer recorded programs to PC hard disk.

using payserver too on 2 boxes one wired direct and on other I'm using T.P link after advice on here T.M.5402 and spiderbox. The server I'm using is great and has its own web log in page were service status can be checked and you can kick you're own line to clear slow connections and kills stale connections , you can also send messages via support chat page and there's e-mail support and access logs can be checked. Up time is about 99% with the only time I experience freezing is in the morning and this usually clears after an hour or two or if i kick the line. I was also asked to wait when i first asked to sign up and all his responses to issues have all been prompt. I use a 360Gb external HD if i record using the box but as I use usenet i generally download from net as its easier

Hi thanks for the info, but Pardon my ignorance I have no clue how to go about ECM PID....I located the PID menu but but its just full of figures and I dont know which one to change and into what? could u please give a bit more info as am a complete newbie. thanks mate

using payserver too on 2 boxes one wired direct and on other I'm using T.P link after advice on here T.M.5402 and spiderbox. The server I'm using is great and has its own web log in page were service status can be checked and you can kick you're own line to clear slow connections and kills stale connections , you can also send messages via support chat page and there's e-mail support and access logs can be checked. Up time is about 99% with the only time I experience freezing is in the morning and this usually clears after an hour or two or if i kick the line. I was also asked to wait when i first asked to sign up and all his responses to issues have all been prompt. I use a 360Gb external HD if i record using the box but as I use usenet i generally download from net as its easier

Cheers mate! am not sure if we are allowed to mention which payserver one uses, could u please tell me which one u use? thanks

Phantom 118p Phantom 120p there's always a signal lost for about 3 seconds

i have no problems on patch116p for CCcam or NewcamD no freezes @ Download center

make sure you do factory reset

1)back up channel list
2)factory reset
3)load patch116p
4)factory reset
5) put back channellist

it can be as willu server using Hop2 Hop3 dont like it TM,or it can be ping on server.

I have just put back on the Phantom 116p, will let u know how I get on with that. thanks

Hi Guys,

I have now connected my TM direct with the router, there seem to be considerable decrease in the freezing but there is 1-3 seconds freeze at times though. I have now Fox news, national geography after doing a blind scan. The youtube problem too is gone when I connected 100gb hard drive to the TM.

My only immediate problem now is how to get a better payserver with good connections without freeze, any suggestions or advice? thaks

Hi thanks for the info, but Pardon my ignorance I have no clue how to go about ECM PID....I located the PID menu but but its just full of figures and I dont know which one to change and into what? could u please give a bit more info as am a complete newbie. thanks mate

for ECM PID

1) press the Mute
2) then press the Exit
3) then press the Blue button
4) you will then see the AUTO or 0500 NDS (960)
5) and select 0500 NDS (960)
6) press OK on 0500 NDS (960)
7) press Exit

you have to do this for every channel mate

you will have to set the ecm pid that works best with your server
you can only find this out by trial and error some providers have only one ecm pid so you just scroll to that one and save and exit
but others could have 12 and you will have save and exit and change channel and go back to the channel and see if it works better or not and try all the ecm pids for that channel untill it works right for you ,just have a play around with the ecm pids and you will learn how to use it

Back