Tm-5402 Hd channel sorting

dazman1122

Inactive User
Reaction score
Good evening all.

Do we as TM owners have access to such a thing as Blade 7000 owners do in the means of channel list server? Been doing a little browsing around the net and I have come across a neat little feature that Blade owners have in the way of channel lists (through Blade media). This is accessed through the Blade's Menu you then select UTILITIES > DOWNLOAD. Then you can select your channel list and even region. It will then download the channel list in logical order and even regional transmissions for you area on 28.2e.

As I am now I'm editing my CNDF file slowly in logical order placing themed typed channel together on the sat including setting up favorites, however, this is a painfully slow process as the channels by default are in channel order as per transponder.

I'm asking the question as the TM is produced as far as I'm aware in the same factory as the Blade and a few others.

Thanks in advance

Good evening all.

Do we as TM owners have access to such a thing as Blade 7000 owners do in the means of channel list server? Been doing a little browsing around the net and I have come across a neat little feature that Blade owners have in the way of channel lists (through Blade media). This is accessed through the Blade's Menu you then select UTILITIES > DOWNLOAD. Then you can select your channel list and even region. It will then download the channel list in logical order and even regional transmissions for you area on 28.2e.

As I am now I'm editing my CNDF file slowly in logical order placing themed typed channel together on the sat including setting up favorites, however, this is a painfully slow process as the channels by default are in channel order as per transponder.

I'm asking the question as the TM is produced as far as I'm aware in the same factory as the Blade and a few others.

Thanks in advance

This video on youtube here from about 5mins in shows how its done on the BLADE.

No mate, doesn't matter who makes them it's how much they pay for support.

Sounds about right TM not paying for decent software teams is probably why both their Linux and closed source receivers seem to be rapidly going down hill...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Not 100% on this but aren't the Blade server download lists for fixed dishes only and not for Motorised, I could not see a motorised list in there anyway.

I'm currently using firmware 117 and I'm wondering that if newer firmware as per the Blade allows you to enter details, my current firmware only allows numerical input address? Check out this video HERE from 6min,45seconds onwards. If it allows you to edit then it would be good to know if you could add the details (blademedia.serveftp.com) as per the video!

Kind regards

Last edited:
Not 100% on this but aren't the Blade server download lists for fixed dishes only and not for Motorised, I could not see a motorised list in there anyway.

yes I think you maybe correct digi247. However a current 28.2 channel list sorted in a familiar order including regional order would be good. Rather than having to sort the channels manually in such an order like the main providers. All other sat channels are not so familiar so the order of the channels don't matter to me.

Regards

yes I think you maybe correct digi247. However a current 28.2 channel list sorted in a familiar order including regional order would be good. Rather than having to sort the channels manually in such an order like the main providers. All other sat channels are not so familiar so the order of the channels don't matter to me.

Regards

I dont think you have thought this through, to do what you want would take an army of people. I think you are considering it for only your location but just think how many regions there are in the UK alone let alone how many world wide and how often transponder changes take place. If every one wanted their own personalized channels lists it would be impossible.

I dont think you have thought this through, to do what you want would take an army of people. I think you are considering it for only your location but just think how many regions there are in the UK alone let alone how many world wide and how often transponder changes take place. If every one wanted their own personalized channels lists it would be impossible.

Yes you are correct if this ability didn't already exist. To do this from scratch would be a mammoth task yes, however this is what Blade owners have the benefit of. They go to Blade media via the receiver menu and select a channel list line-up from a list of regional options i.e. for ITV london area. Blade update it regular after transponder changes, It is more for single sats rather than motor setups though, however it's a good start for 28.2 as for a newbie's channel lineup, list's by transponder is not a familiar channel list to most.

Kindest regards

Last edited:
The blue button firmware update option in 5402 IP settings is just client side of stbdaemon.
It's not just for firmware, but works for cndf, key files etc.

Anyone can host a cndf server. You just need a static ip and ports forwarded to your shared stbdaemon folder (set to read only!). Tried it. Works. Takes 5 mins to get it running.

Who keeps the cndf's updated is a different matter. Community maintained?

The TM firmware only allows decimal ip, not next entry. Hence the static ip requirement.

Back