TM 2600 Motor

DEANOBOY

Inactive User
Reaction score
Having problems driving my motor back to 0.

Can someone confirm (before I screw sopmething up) that if I do a hard reset of the motor TM 2600, I believe you insert a small object into a hole in the bottom of the motor, this would take it back to factor settings and hopefully drives it back to 0?

Thanks in advance.

Having problems driving my motor back to 0.

Can someone confirm (before I screw sopmething up) that if I do a hard reset of the motor TM 2600, I believe you insert a small object into a hole in the bottom of the motor, this would take it back to factor settings and hopefully drives it back to 0?

Thanks in advance.

I have done a reset on mine lots mate when first trying to set it up. You wont damage it or change any of the default settings by pressing the reset button. Try a reset and then manually drive it back to 0. Also reset your box and set the volage on your image to high

Thanks mate much appreciated. Excuse my ignorance though (have no manual) when you say manually drive the motor to 0 do you just mean through satellite configuration "drive to 0" option or is there some other way?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks mate much appreciated. Excuse my ignorance though (have no manual) when you say manually drive the motor to 0 do you just mean through satellite configuration "drive to 0" option or is there some other way?

Only way to do it safely is to use the receiver mate, unless you want to open the motor up and fiddle with the gears.

When you press the RESET button beneath the motor, whichever position your motor is pointing at when you reset it, that position will become 0 degrees, so make sure you are really at 0 when you reset it.

Thanks Witchy that was exactly my concern! I want to get the motor back to true 0. I had hoped that factory settings would do this but appears not.

Just reinstalled yesterday and getting very goods signals on 1w and a few others sats but not 28e or 30w. The pole is 100% plumb both ways absolutely certain of that I have checked enough LOL. Centre of motor looks absolutely spot on centre of the dish but want to drive it back to 0 to be 100% sure and to start again - it wont drive unfortunately. Want to set up using USALS as it will save a lot of time if I can ever crack this.

Any ideas welcomed.

my Technomate 2600 super has manual press buttons on it to move it left and right. I have reset it whilst out of zero position many times to get it to work and just pressed reset again when its on zero. Your cant feck these up mate. Press reset as many times as you like

my Technomate 2600 super has manual press buttons on it to move it left and right.

@ DEANOBOY, silly question, but you have tried the wee manual button on the motor itself? :)

Press once and it'll turn west, press twice and it'll turn east.

Thanks guys wll give it go either tonight after work or tomorrow. Really appreciate all your help.

Last edited:
Gradually making some headway. The motor was fine today so drove it to 0. Looks like the installer I previously used (who was shit) appears to have set the motor so that 1w = 0.

Anyway, getting all sats through from 19.2e to 30w. Motor finds them fine. Beyond 19.2e zilch. The pole is 100% plumb and the motor looks to me centre to the dish - if its a fraction out (if it is it can only be 1-2 mm) could this be the problem? Any ideas guys gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry guys wonder if anyone has any ideas.

My motor is stuck again. Works 100% driving manually but via any receiver barely budges. I have tried resetting the motor by driving to 0 manually and pressing reset but not having any joy. If the motor drives manually it is working but three receivers aint moving it - any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

What receiver you using to drive motor.
I sometimes have bother with my dream 500?

Tried it with a tm500 and protek.

Madness this but after struggling tuning in with a tm500 switched to the protek and it was perfect getting all sats from 39e to 30w (excluding 4w and 7w) and was driving the motor back to 1w when it stopped. Thing is it works once in a while but very rarely.

I have manually driven the motor back to 0 then reset god knows how many times but no joy. My cable run is only about 15m so its not huge.

I had problems with the tm2600 when I first installed my set up, some days it worked and sometimes it didn't.

I found that by powering my box off (tm600) and on a few times seemed to do the trick.

I haven't had a problem since.

Hando

@ DEANOBOY, you got nice healthy coax and plugs mate?

No water seepage etc?

If your having trouble driving the dish with DiSEqC 1.2 then why don't you use USALS? More information is available here for USALS setup. Once you put your Latitude and Longitude settings into the receiver it will drive to the correct postions. More info stolen from another forum below.

Step 1. You will need to know your latitude and longitude before you start. A great place to fine this
information is Multimap (Worldwide map search, route finder and travel directions - powered by Multimap) simply enter your post code, and the coordinates
and displayed below the map. For example if we enter NG12 3PB our coordinates will be:
Lat: 52:54:22N
Lon: 1:02:11W

You need to round up or down the coordinates to the nearest whole number. For example:
Lat 52.5N
Lon 1.0W

Step 2. Install the DisEqc motor and dish as instructed in the manual that came with your motor.
Make sure your mounting pole is perfectly vertical. Once you have done this and connected the motor to your satellite receiver, you need to enter the USALS menu. This will be explained in the receivers manual. Simply enter the the coordinates into the menu. Then select the THOR satellite at 1°West. The motor should move from it's default 0° to 1°West. Select a reliable channel such as BBC World.

Step 3. We presume that you are using a standard in-line meter in between your LNB and the DisEqc motor. Using the meter carefully align the dish to the Thor satellite. You should start to receive BBC World. Fine tune the dish to peak the signal as high as possible. Return to the receiver and select another satellite such as Hellasat at 39°East. Check the Alignment everything should be spot on. If not return to Thor and check the alignment again.

If you followed the instructions properly, you should be able to view a large number of satellites across the arc. Happy Viewing!

Plus you can always read Digidude's post on how to setup a motorised dish available here.

Regards

Liam

Last edited by a moderator:
If your having trouble driving the dish with DiSEqC 1.2

He's having trouble moving the dish in gerneral mate.

USALS won't magically make everything ok.

It's either a STB problem, cabling or motor problem. My DM800 had simliar issues, turned out the tuner was garbage.

Hi Guys

Pardon me for butting in, but if you can get the sats o\k using one
reciever and not the other, that tells me that your settings are out
and the motor is not set to true south. You need to set up with Usals.
I had the same problem, when i changed from my DM7020 to my
DM8000. If you have set your first reciever manually, it does not mean
you have true south settings with the second reciever, because you
never had them in the first place.

Fezzy.

Can you try connecting to a different shorter cable to exclude the cable being the issue?

Ive had my moter for almost 2 months now and no issues, set to usuals my cable run is proberly like 25-30 meters also.

I think ive had one or 2 issues but rebooting my spiderbox jump started it...

Thanks for all your help guys really appreciated.

Changed the cable and fitted new connectors between lnb and motor and alls good thus far. All sats (apart from w4 and 7w) from 30w to 42e. Havent bothered trying any further.

26e good for SPL - watching Hearts v Hibs FTA.

Now need to search for a reliable cline.

Thanks again folks.

Back