'Timeshift not possible' uppn reboot and crash loop.

kanwar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I hope you are all well.

I am having a new problem with my TM-2T with VIX image 683.

Timeshift itself works but soon seems to start causing problems. A message appears after turning Timeshift on and having rebooted saying 'Timeshift not possible' with a red cross. Is this normal?

Today what happened was that the box crashed (with spinning vix logo) when trying to stop a movie playing from 'list'. I had to manually turn the box off. When I turned the box on it kept rebooting and went into a loop effectively. This loop made about 5 reboot happen before it recovered.

Logfiles were there (black screen) but system/logs is empty!

Does anyone know what the issue is and how I can avoid this in future and make my box generally more stable?

Thank you.

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well.

I am having a new problem with my TM-2T with VIX image 683.

Timeshift itself works but soon seems to start causing problems. A message appears after turning Timeshift on and having rebooted saying 'Timeshift not possible' with a red cross. Is this normal?

Today what happened was that the box crashed (with spinning vix logo) when trying to stop a movie playing from 'list'. I had to manually turn the box off. When I turned the box on it kept rebooting and went into a loop effectively. This loop made about 5 reboot happen before it recovered.

Logfiles were there (black screen) but system/logs is empty!

Does anyone know what the issue is and how I can avoid this in future and make my box generally more stable?

Thank you.
hello
kanwar

have you try'd any other images as that image your on sounds bad, the 4D image is better than that one your on but thats just mo, there are loads out there my advice is suck them and see wot is best for your neededs.
hope this has help't :)

hello
kanwar

have you try'd any other images as that image your on sounds bad, the 4D image is better than that one your on but thats just mo, there are loads out there my advice is suck them and see wot is best for your neededs.
hope this has help't :)

Thanks for the advice.

I have tried the 4d image and generally it was better but timeshift on that would crash with a green screen!

I wasn't aware there were other images too for this box. I have had a look on google but didn't find any. Can you link me to some?

Thanks again.

What device are you using for TS?
Is it mounted correctly?
What format is it?
Are you sure it is sound?
Can you test T/S using an alternate media, do you get same result?

Thanks for the advice.

I have tried the 4d image and generally it was better but timeshift on that would crash with a green screen!

I wasn't aware there were other images too for this box. I have had a look on google but didn't find any. Can you link me to some?

Thanks again.

hello
kanwar

no problem i will have to pm you that as link's to other sites are not alowed.
before i do can you till me wot date is the 4D images that your using as you should't get green screen on time shift and imo the 4d image at the mo is the best all round but thats just my opinion.

What device are you using for TS?
Is it mounted correctly?
What format is it?
Are you sure it is sound?
Can you test T/S using an alternate media, do you get same result?

hello
kanwar

no problem i will have to pm you that as link's to other sites are not alowed.
before i do can you till me wot date is the 4D images that your using as you should't get green screen on time shift and imo the 4d image at the mo is the best all round but thats just my opinion.

Hello. Abu Baniaz.

I am using my internal HDD for TS. It is a Toshiba 320GB HDD.

I believe it is mounted correctly media/hdd. I have initialised HDD then unmounted and mounted again but get same problem :-(

It is formatted in EXT4 according to VIX mount manager.

I have tested using my USB drive (32gb) but get the same issue. I will try again.

Thanks, SlyboxHD. I have tried the image released on 07.06.13 by 4D team. I get the green screen error.

Can you PM me, please, and I will try the other images. Thanks.

Hello. Abu Baniaz.

I am using my internal HDD for TS. It is a Toshiba 320GB HDD.

I believe it is mounted correctly media/hdd. I have initialised HDD then unmounted and mounted again but get same problem :-(

It is formatted in EXT4 according to VIX mount manager.

I have tested using my USB drive (32gb) but get the same issue. I will try again.

Thanks, SlyboxHD. I have tried the image released on 07.06.13 by 4D team. I get the green screen error.

Can you PM me, please, and I will try the other images. Thanks.

no problem kanwar ill pm you now, one thing though if your setting up you hdd with the vix image and then theying to use it on 4D thats your problem, you have to formate the hdd with the 4D image for it to work proper.
hope this helps

I am trying TS with USB drive now. Still on.ViX image 683.

Can you set how long the TS should run (before starting again). Perhaps this could be part of the problem if space fills up?

Andy took the maximum time shift setting away when he merged TS and PTS. It may be 180 minutes.

Anyway, they are temporary files and get deleted whan you change channels.

Andy took the maximum time shift setting away when he merged TS and PTS. It may be 180 minutes.

Anyway, they are temporary files and get deleted whan you change channels.

Thanks for the info, mate.

Ok, so using the USB for TS has led to the same problem. Stuttering on encrypted channels after a number of hours after turning PTS on.

Im thinking of trying the openaaf and openatv images. Are they suitable for English speakers? Do they also support softcams etc?

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me with the above two images. 4D and VIX are both no good for me in terms of PTS. Stuttering with the latter and green screen with the former.

Anyone have any info on the openaaf and openatv images?

I've had PTS off for the past 2 days on VIX image 683 and there are no stuttering problems so it;s definitely that which is causing it (same problem whether using HDD or USB). The only diagnostic information is the 'timeshift not possible' message (after reboot) after turning PTS on.

Back